Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

I'm doubtful that we will sign him, but we've got nothing to lose in trying to do so, we will be working on alternatives behind the scenes in the event that he doesn't sign.

Just now, useless said:

I'm doubtful that we will sign him, but we've got nothing to lose in trying to do so, we will be working on alternatives behind the scenes in the event that he doesn't sign.

Yeah I doubt we'll sign him either but something is going on so while I very much doubt we'll sign him, if we do sign him I wouldnt be surprised because something is up.

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agree but El Ghazi is still an asset due to his goal contributions. Not great in play, struggles to beat a man, create chances and retain possession. He lacks consistency and maybe self belief and confidence, bit of a softy 😆 but he has that knack for getting goals and is ice cool from the spot… there may be more improvement in him.

Trez is such an honest and hardworking player, if he had the talent and technical ability to back it up he would be a genuine star.

Honestly El ghazi is actually really good at link up play. The issue comes when he tries to do more than that in the build up. In terms of short passing he is something like in the 85th percentile for wingers. And a number of times when he cane short and did the 1, 2s he really drove us up the pitch. The issue is he doesn't do that very often. But it honestly was probably our most effective bits of possession when Jack was out in terms of advancing the ball up the field. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Honestly El ghazi is actually really good at link up play. The issue comes when he tries to do more than that in the build up. In terms of short passing he is something like in the 85th percentile for wingers. And a number of times when he cane short and did the 1, 2s he really drove us up the pitch. The issue is he doesn't do that very often. But it honestly was probably our most effective bits of possession when Jack was out in terms of advancing the ball up the field. 

You watch a very different Villa to me that's for sure.  El Ghazi is great for his goals and directness but he's not great in play, or as a team player and loses possession a lot.  I do really like El Ghazi and he's a great asset for us but lacks something from a team player perspective.  Cant beat how often he shoots and sometimes I get frustrated at others who have a good chance to shoot and dont, I can never say that about El Ghazi, he loves a shot.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why bother?

Boyhood Arsenal fan. Arsenal have stated he is not for sale.

Feel like we are wasting our time here.

You make it sound like our recruitment is 1 man working 40 hours a week and 38 of them are spent on this transfer 

I'm sure there are plenty of irons in the fire 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

You make it sound like our recruitment is 1 man working 40 hours a week and 38 of them are spent on this transfer 

I'm sure there are plenty of irons in the fire 

So 2 hours on ESR and 38 hours on Tammy then? 😂

Sorry…..

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why bother at all mate, eh?

Let’s just knock it on the head, this Villa thing. No point. 

Complete waste of time. 

Yep. Shut it down lads. Game over. We have a good little run. 

11 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

This lad is going to be a future England regular, he's going to be valued at over £100 one day and we should go all out to sign him

Hopefully a bit more than that if we do spend £32.5m on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just browsing the Arsenal forums and they’re convinced we’re trying to sign ESR and have signed Buendia because Grealish is leaving. Boy oh boy, it will be sweet if we sign ESR and Grealish pens a new deal.

They’re an entitled bunch these Gooners. Would love to finish above them and Spurs. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You watch a very different Villa to me that's for sure.  El Ghazi is great for his goals and directness but he's not great in play, or as a team player and loses possession a lot.  I do really like El Ghazi and he's a great asset for us but lacks something from a team player perspective.  Cant beat how often he shoots and sometimes I get frustrated at others who have a good chance to shoot and dont, I can never say that about El Ghazi, he loves a shot.

Again he doesn't do it very often. Maybe once every 2 or 3 games. But when he actually does attempt it. We play some really nice football 

Story today from the Mirror is almost certainly untrue, no way that they'd accept £32m for him or even think about it, doesn't really make sense if they were willing to entertain such a bid then we would have already started negotiations with them after the last bid of around £30m. Normally these kind of stories in the sunday papers get dismissed out of hand, with they typical cliched refrain of 'stopped reading at mirror', but that's not happening with this one probably  because people want it to be true.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just browsing the Arsenal forums and they’re convinced we’re trying to sign ESR and have signed Buendia because Grealish is leaving. Boy oh boy, it will be sweet if we sign ESR and Grealish pens a new deal.

They’re an entitled bunch these Gooners. Would love to finish above them and Spurs. 

Even if they’re right, if we DO sell Grealish (I don’t think we will) then getting these lads in is necessary. I’m with you and think we will finish above them if those stars align.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Story today from the Mirror is almost certainly untrue, no way that they'd accept £32m for him or even think about it, doesn't really make sense if they were willing to entertain such a bid then we would have already started negotiations with them after the last bid of around £30m. Normally these kind of stories in the sunday papers get dismissed out of hand, with they typical cliched refrain of 'stopped reading at mirror', but that's not happening with this one probably  because people want it to be true.

Well I don't think it is super likely. But if we are offering it upfront which we may not have done with the last bid that would certainly be more interesting for arsenal and Kroenke as it means fewer funds for transfers will come out of his pocket. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Aren't they brassic? Long and short is we dont know what the real details are, could be something in it, could be nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

This lad is going to be a future England regular, he's going to be valued at over £100 one day and we should go all out to sign him

He already is or we'd have bought him right sharpish.