James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

11 hours ago, Herman22 said:

For me the best source for Villa transfer news is John Percy. If he says we're in for a player I'll believe it. Until then it's speculation and your cab take it or leave it.

Well agreed but he only says it when it’s a done deal getting signed. So this is like saying “I’ll believe it when the official site announces it” just a few days earlier - it’s totally valid to dismiss all transfer rumours but they all get broken somewhere else at some point first (along with a load of nonsense).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Would be crazy to sign a player of the profile of Ward-Prowse and keep Grealish having already spent £35m on a player. Without a doubt the most excited I'd ever go into a season.

The club did say it was focusing on quality rather than quantity this summer. If we are spending 120 to 150 million which is the average for the last 2 seasons the 35 on one leaves 85 to 115 million on 2 or 3 more.

50 on JWP May sound alot but talk of mcginn being 30 to 40 million them all of a sudden JWP looks good value.

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Would be crazy to sign a player of the profile of Ward-Prowse and keep Grealish having already spent £35m on a player. Without a doubt the most excited I'd ever go into a season.

Crazy how?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

The club did say it was focusing on quality rather than quantity this summer. If we are spending 120 to 150 million which is the average for the last 2 seasons the 35 on one leaves 85 to 115 million on 2 or 3 more.

50 on JWP May sound alot but talk of mcginn being 30 to 40 million them all of a sudden JWP looks good value.

Exactly. That's why I don't think £50m would be getting him.

£60 to get them to answer the phone.

Likely to be £70m at least IMO. The money has gone stupid. Really stupid. You can't get anyone out of a contract unless the player really wants to go AND club is skint. No one in the PL is skint.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Crazy how?

Crazy exciting.

Signing two other sides' talismen and keeping our own?!

And **** it, throw in ESR to add an incredible young player from a rival.

I just can't believe it can happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Crazy exciting.

Signing two other sides' talismen and keeping our own?!

And **** it, throw in ESR to add an incredible young player from a rival.

I just can't believe it can happen.

Anything is possible now with our owners, we have struck gold. Its ok to dream and be positive now.

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Exactly. That's why I don't think £50m would be getting him.

£60 to get them to answer the phone.

Likely to be £70m at least IMO. The money has gone stupid. Really stupid. You can't get anyone out of a contract unless the player really wants to go AND club is skint. No one in the PL is skint.

I guess it depends on the selling clubs cash flow ? 

Southampton cash flow isn't flowing according to several reports ?

It wouldn't surprise me if JWP and Ings are sold this summer.

44 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Anything is possible now with our owners, we have struck gold. Its ok to dream and be positive now.

In 5 Years time, this will be the post we vote on to pinpoint where the blame lies for it all going wrong 😄

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I guess it depends on the selling clubs cash flow ? 

Southampton cash flow isn't flowing according to several reports ?

It wouldn't surprise me if JWP and Ings are sold this summer.

Ings would have been out of contract this summer, he said he wanted to re-sign with the club because he wanted to stay there. Unless he's pulling a Fabian Delph on them I doubt he'll be leaving any time soon 

Ings isnt going to be first choice at City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Us or Everton. Maybe at Spurs but also unlikely. 

If he wants to go to the World Cup, he's going to have to stay at Southampton, play loads of games without getting an injury and hope that one or two of  Ollie, Bamford & DCL have a worse year of form.

Be silly for him to leave now, unless Spurs make him their main guy and they keep Son and add some quality in midfield. But yeah, he stays imo

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I think I would sell McGinn for that, he is a good player but we didn't play him correctly this season, he isn't a DCM. We would be better of cashing in at that price and buying a DCM or even just a better player which is quite easy from abroad when you have 40m to spend.

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think I would sell McGinn for that, he is a good player but we didn't play him correctly this season, he isn't a DCM. We would be better of cashing in at that price and buying a DCM or even just a better player which is quite easy from abroad when you have 40m to spend.

McGinn is Jack’s best mate. No way in the world is he being sold unless McGinn forces the issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

McGinn is Jack’s best mate. No way in the world is he being sold unless McGinn forces the issue. 

Surely this also follows 

Jack is McGinns best mate. No way in the world is he being sold unless Jack forces the issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

In 5 Years time, this will be the post we vote on to pinpoint where the blame lies for it all going wrong 😄

That worry is always there, due to bitter experience. When the Xia takeover happened, though, something felt wrong to me from the start (I posted "This will end in tears" amid all the optimism). This lot however seem a lot more professional, and I think we'll be fine. 

• Like 2

Â