James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re about 15 minutes from Loch Ness. 

Nessie was one of many childhood obsessions, but have yet to actually travel to the Loch Ness/Inverness area. It is high on the list though, hopefully on a trip also containing a nice matchday experience at Villa Park. 🙂

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

Nessie was one of many childhood obsessions, but have yet to actually travel to the Loch Ness/Inverness area. It is high on the list though, hopefully on a trip also containing a nice matchday experience at Villa Park. 🙂

Nessie would be a good replacement for Keinan Davis, will score obviously but can also play deep.

Hope we sign JWP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Loch Ness is great but not the easiest Loch to actually get right down to the water’s edge. I can give you a few pointers if/when you get your trip planned. There’s a good pub at Dores that actually over looks Loch Ness. A few beers while talking about the Villa, what could be better?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Loch Ness is great but not the easiest Loch to actually get right down to the water’s edge. I can give you a few pointers if/when you get your trip planned. There’s a good pub at Dores that actually over looks Loch Ness. A few beers while talking about the Villa, what could be better?

Duly noted, mate. I'll be sure to remember that, nothing better than getting insight from a local when going to a new area. 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nessie would be a good replacement for Keinan Davis, will score obviously but can also play deep.

Hope we sign JWP.

Nice one! 🤓

A player like JWP does make sense in the Villa context, and a closer look does make JWP even more tempting. I find it comforting that we at least seem to have identified the type of player we want, even if JWP should prove to be more legend than reality as a Villan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Duly noted, mate. I'll be sure to remember that, nothing better than getting insight from a local when going to a new area. 🙂

A Brummie local. Only been up here for 4 years in August. I doubt we would ever leave though, so when you’re ready we’ll be around. 

3 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Nice one! 🤓

A player like JWP does make sense in the Villa context, and a closer look does make JWP even more tempting. I find it comforting that we at least seem to have identified the type of player we want, even if JWP should prove to be more legend than reality as a Villan.

Yes, sadly I thing its just gossip, hope we're wrong it comes true and we sign him, he would be a valuable asset. 

I found JWP languishing on the second page of current threads.

Quite right you might say as there hasn't been one concrete link between him and Villa, to which I say "Why the hell not?"

We need a central midfielder with attitude, aggression, leadership, intelligence, and the sheer ability to run further and press harder than anyone else for 90 minutes.

It also helps if this player has proven that he can play every game of a 38 game Premier season!

Team captain material who leads by example. Did I mention that he's also one of the best set piece takers in the world?

We've bought Emi Buendia. we've bought Ashley Young, now let's buy the player that Villa have been missing since we returned to the Premier League.

Make an offer Southampton can't refuse and watch the goals and assists figures climb next season.

Grealish, Buendia, Young, Ward Prowse .... I'm looking at you!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I found JWP languishing on the second page of current threads.

Quite right you might say as there hasn't been one concrete link between him and Villa, to which I say "Why the hell not?"

We need a central midfielder with attitude, aggression, leadership, intelligence, and the sheer ability to run further and press harder than anyone else for 90 minutes.

It also helps if this player has proven that he can play every game of a 38 game Premier season!

Team captain material who leads by example. Did I mention that he's also one of the best set piece takers in the world?

We've bought Emi Buendia. we've bought Ashley Young, now let's buy the player that Villa have been missing since we returned to the Premier League.

Make an offer Southampton can't refuse and watch the goals and assists figures climb next season.

Grealish, Buendia, Young, Ward Prowse .... I'm looking at you!

Everton making noises about him being a target for them now, too. Defo not buying the line that he’s unavailable for the right price. 

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Everton making noises about him being a target for them now, too. Defo not buying the line that he’s unavailable for the right price. 

Can't find any link to Everton other than December 2020 article Hoddle urges Everton to sign JWP

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't find any link to Everton other than December 2020 article Hoddle urges Everton to sign JWP

Read it on some Everton article via Twitter last night about them looking at Edouard. 

I think this one is dead tbh. I think we are/were interested but Southampton have no intention of selling him for anything less than silly money. 

No ITK stuff, call it women's intuition or whatever the male equivalent of that is

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think this one is dead tbh. I think we are/were interested but Southampton have no intention of selling him for anything less than silly money. 

No ITK stuff, call it women's intuition or whatever the male equivalent of that is

That’ll be just good old fashioned intuition. 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I would call it logic!

Then that's a bit worrying! (I'm joking, but we don't have enough information other than to make a guess, surely)

Edited by Rolta

My view is that we're probably in for him, given how surprising some of these links have been that have then been validated by decent journos or happened (ESR, Young) - this one won't happen fast I expect (for reasons we've all stated) hence why we've done other business already. 

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

From what I've read from a few Southampton fans, they seem to think we were interested but they essentially told us to f off.

Â