James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

There's no truth to this rumour whatsoever we're not even interested, it's been described as 'bull****.

I suspect If we were going to spend £40m or plus on a midfielder it would be on someone much better than Ward-Prowse.

• Like 2

On 25/06/2021 at 14:53, DaveAV1 said:

I think he would make the squad at some top six clubs. A big season for him coming up, he’s got talent so if he can add consistently and cut out the wayward passing he’ll become a real asset at our top six club. 

Season 4 Agree GIF by The Office

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

How much does he want? I could let him have a tenner till Friday. 

Oh for the days of being paid on a Thursday or Friday with a brown envelope with cash and giving your mate back the fiver you borrowed 

• Like 3

FWIW I think there's better value than JWP elsewhere. As others have asked and answered,  for me I don't think he's a top 6 player. We need to be looking at Tielemans and Ndidi level players.

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

FWIW I think there's better value than JWP elsewhere. As others have asked and answered,  for me I don't think he's a top 6 player. We need to be looking at Tielemans and Ndidi level players.

He was class for England. Put him in our midfield and he’d fit like a glove. 

Villa need a no nonsense CM who does all the basic jobs well for 90 minutes during a 38 game season. A "fit and forget' player who will cover more ground than our current players, press, tackle hard, pass accurately, talk and lead by example as well as hitting classy free kicks and corners when called on. JWP might not be a flash 'look at me' player but he is exactly the right player for us. He's worth every penny of whatever we have to pay for him in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Villa aren’t yet at the level for a Tielemans, Liverpool are rumoured to want that type of player. And there’d certainly be no more value in Tielemans than JWP, Tielemans is going to cost someone a bucket load of cash to prise him away from Leicester. That aside, there’s going to have to be one or two player purchases where there’s little to no value, we’ll have to pay over the odds to obtain one or two of the “best of the rest”. We can’t look at every purchase as one that HAS to make us a financial profit if we want to pick off teams above us. Man City weren’t worried about future selling fees when they were plucking the likes of Milner, Walker, Sterling, Barry, Lescott, Robinho, Delph etc…….they merely targeted weakening the teams in and around them to further their rise. It was a tactic that worked very well. We’re showing signs of replicating that tactic……if only to p155 off Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

JWP got 8 goals and 8 assists in the league last year according to the official premier league stats. 

Tielemans got 6 goals and 4 assists in a much better team.

I know who I’d rather buy for Villa. 

Taking every set piece for your club will boost those stats quite a bit. I’m not sure the goals and assists stats are that comparable.

We do need a set piece taker though so JWP would be a good signing in that regard. Whether he’s a better player than Tielemans is a bit more nuanced than looking at goals and assists though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Villa aren’t yet at the level for a Tielemans, Liverpool are rumoured to want that type of player. And there’d certainly be no more value in Tielemans than JWP, Tielemans is going to cost someone a bucket load of cash to prise him away from Leicester. That aside, there’s going to have to be one or two player purchases where there’s little to no value, we’ll have to pay over the odds to obtain one or two of the “best of the rest”. We can’t look at every purchase as one that HAS to make us a financial profit if we want to pick off teams above us. Man City weren’t worried about future selling fees when they were plucking the likes of Milner, Walker, Sterling, Barry, Lescott, Robinho, Delph etc…….they merely targeted weakening the teams in and around them to further their rise. It was a tactic that worked very well. We’re showing signs of replicating that tactic……if only to p155 off Arsenal.

I should have been more clearer. Signing the likes of Tielemans before he signed for Leicester same with Ndidi. Those two now would command north of £70m + .

Â