James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not?

Ings is a quality striker, but his injury record is appalling - and it's all stuff that tends to get worse with age. Could easily see him retiring at 30.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ings/verletzungen/spieler/134294

INJURY HISTORY

Injury history, suspensions and absences are based on a variety of media reports and are researched with the greatest of care. If you should notice an error regardless, please use the correction form. To the correction form

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
20/21 Knock Jan 6, 2021 Jan 25, 2021 19 days 3Southampton FC
20/21 Hamstring Injury Dec 20, 2020 Dec 28, 2020 8 days 1Southampton FC
20/21 Knee Injury Nov 2, 2020 Dec 6, 2020 34 days 3Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Feb 3, 2019 Mar 30, 2019 55 days 6Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Jan 3, 2019 Jan 18, 2019 15 days 3Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Nov 14, 2018 Dec 15, 2018 31 days 5Southampton FC
18/19 Knock Aug 26, 2018 Aug 31, 2018 5 days 1Southampton FC
16/17 Knee Surgery Oct 26, 2016 Aug 10, 2017 288 days 35Liverpool FC
15/16 Cruciate Ligament Rupture Oct 15, 2015 May 12, 2016 210 days 50Liverpool FC
14/15 Hamstring Injury Sep 15, 2014 Oct 16, 2014 31 days 3Burnley FC
13/14 Torn ankle ligament Mar 13, 2014 Apr 7, 2014 25 days 5Burnley FC

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Would be crazy to sign a player of the profile of Ward-Prowse and keep Grealish having already spent £35m on a player. Without a doubt the most excited I'd ever go into a season.

Grealish's winning of free kicks are opportunities for Ward-Prowse's free kicks. If anything, his signing would strengthen the case for Grealish remaining, I would have thought.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish's winning of free kicks are opportunities for Ward-Prowse's free kicks. If anything, his signing would strengthen the case for Grealish remaining, I would have thought.

That's exactly what makes rumour inventor look like he was fishing in the first place

I have a feeling we will break our record again signing Ward-Prowse. Sorry @Kiwivillan but I do believe our interest to be real. I wonder if it is a case of either JWP/ESR or if we are looking at signing both? He is a more likely out of the two and I’d be be extremely happy if we brought him, yet, not too gutted if we were to miss out… 🤔

• Haha 1

I applaud the ambition of the club if we genuinely are looking to sign JWP and EMR.

But I don't feel we are at that level yet, even if we are fast getting there and already have the financial cahonies.

JWP is arguably Saint's most important player and has recently signed a big contract, even if they decided to sell I reckon it could take 50-60 million to prise him a way and that feels a big jump.

Even if ESR is unhappy at his current contract offer, Arsenal are unlikely to sanction a move when they have another year to convince him to stay and sign a new contract, he's already a first team regular so he's getting game time. They might be a financial house of cards but quite a lot of the big clubs are built on a mountain of debt and loans, doesn't mean any of them are flogging their players off because they need to.

Hope i'm wrong I really do. Maybe Covid has done a lot of damage and some of the big boys do need to sell to buy or just to balance the books.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I have a feeling we will break our record again signing Ward-Prowse. Sorry @Kiwivillan but I do believe our interest to be real. I wonder if it is a case of either JWP/ESR or if we are looking at signing both? He is a more likely out of the two and I’d be be extremely happy if we brought him, yet, not too gutted if we were to miss out… 🤔

If we sign both then that means Grealish is going. There's no room for those 2 plus Grealish,Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Ramsey

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If we sign both then that means Grealish is going. There's no room for those 2 plus Grealish,Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Ramsey

We’re signing players in order  to keep Jack, not sell him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/06/2021 at 09:05, Kiwivillan said:

That's exactly what makes rumour inventor look like he was fishing in the first place

That falls into the just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not after you category. The weather forecast says it’s going to rain, I’m not getting fooled into wearing a coat, pass me my sunglasses. Sometimes the obvious is just that, obvious. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re signing players in order  to keep Jack, not sell him. 

And how are we supposed to keep all these players happy without European games too. We only have so many games to play, we won't be signing 3 attacking midfielders this window surely. Yes there are cup games but let's be honest the league cup doesn't count. 

If Grealish stays we have 

Grealish

Buendia 

Traore 

El Ghazi 

Ramsey  

Signing JWP and ESR...that's a few not even making the bench. I know we need to replace Barkley and Trez but it seems a stretch to me 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That falls into the just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not after you category. The weather forecast says it’s going to rain, I’m not getting fooled into wearing a coat, pass me my sunglasses. Sometimes the obvious is just that, obvious. 

Paul Doyle has slinked into the shadows. Wonder what odds I can get on JWP staying at Southampton

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

And how are we supposed to keep all these players happy without European games too. We only have so many games to play, we won't be signing 3 attacking midfielders this window surely. Yes there are cup games but let's be honest the league cup doesn't count. 

Grealish

Buendia 

Traore 

El Ghazi 

Ramsey  

Signing JWP and ESR...that's a few not even making the bench. I know we need to replace Barkley and Trez but it seems a stretch to me 

Me guess would be El Ghazi and Ramsey drop down the pecking order… 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Paul Doyle has slinked into the shadows. Wonder what odds I can get on JWP staying at Southampton

Pretty good probably. I think it won’t be easy to get him, but still a possibility. You seem to be focused on shooting the messenger but the evidence is there that we are after a DCM and are trying to get more from set pieces. So whilst he might be an obvious choice, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4 isn’t such an outrageous conclusion. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Me guess would be El Ghazi and Ramsey drop down the pecking order… 

If we managed to sign either Alvarez or ESR I’d expect El Ghazi to be sold this summer and Ramsey to go on loan whatever happens. Jacob needs a full season of games which he won’t get here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

JWP is a DCM. I’m not sure what people think the process of strengthening a squad involves. Of that list only Grealish and Buendia get a place in a top six team. The others don’t even make the squad. 

If we’re serious about being a top club we have to behave like one. Our owners are ambitious and ruthless, they aren’t encumbered by the horrors of our recent past. As fans we need to catch up with them. It’s no good complaining about other clubs fans lack of appreciation of how we’ve progressed and then in the next sentence totally dismiss our ability to attract players. 

We’re not going to get to the top by being shrinking violets. Fortunately the people who run our club are anything but that. 

Thank U GIF

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Grealish

Buendia 

Traore 

El Ghazi 

Ramsey  

JWP would be in the mix with McGinn, Sanson, ESR replaces Barkley, Buendia replaces Trezequet. Then Alvarez could be allowed to settle, acclimatise and then introduced slowly when ready. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

JWP is a DCM. I’m not sure what people think the process of strengthening a squad involves. Of that list only Grealish and Buendia get a place in a top six team. The others don’t even make the squad. 

If we’re serious about being a top club we have to behave like one. Our owners are ambitious and ruthless, they aren’t encumbered by the horrors of our recent past. As fans we need to catch up with them. It’s no good complaining about other clubs fans lack of appreciation of how we’ve progressed and then in the next sentence totally dismiss our ability to attract players. 

We’re not going to get to the top by being shrinking violets. Fortunately the people who run our club are anything but that. 

Absolutely spot on and such a relevant point. 

I think many of us have this pessimistic view ingrained within us due to our past failings and difficult times as a club.

We don’t know or recall how it feels to support an actual big or genuinely ambitious club/team… for a club of our size & stature, we have been on the doldrums for a long while. But no more…

Our owners mean business and, for as long as I can remember, are the best we’ve ever had. They’re not conmen or tight arses, they are used to succeeding and that won’t stop with Villa. 

There’s plenty of evidence toward their legitimacy & credentials… I say embrace this era and enjoy it, enthusiasm & positivity all the way…

We are building a team and squad to genuinely compete, succeed and try to win things. Building around and supplementing our greatest assets will enable that, not moving them on.

We are becoming a big team/club again, enjoy the ride.

UTV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Paul Doyle has slinked into the shadows

Paul Doyle took the time this week (amongst a whole bunch of Euro 2020 match reports) to write a really lovely reflective piece on Dalian Atkinson after the cop who killed him was convicted. Whether he got this rumour right or wrong I think you’re going a bit overboard here in this.

• Like 2

Â