James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Clickbait site, quoting football insider, quoting Noel Whelan, quoting a Villa insider. 

Horses mouth. 

You won't be getting transfer news from the horses mouth till its already happened.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've heard Grealish could be off from a few different places.

If we suddenly buy Ward-Prowse for ~£60m. I'll be fairly convinced it's happening sadly.

Would that be the same sources that tell you about the team line-up before it's public? 

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we suddenly buy Ward-Prowse for ~£60m. I'll be fairly convinced it's happening sadly.

Devastating if true

We've had a very visible and problematical round hole in the centre of our midfield into which we've been trying to hammer square shaped players for some considerable time. JWP is the perfectly shaped fit. Sign him and the problem is solved for at least the next four/five seasons. There may be no reports but that doesn't mean that Smith/Lange et al haven't also come to that conclusion.

This season needs to be the one where we eradicate all first eleven weaknesses, and JWP is a 'fit and forget' player who won't let us down. I'm going to wait patiently, hoping that it will happen. 

28 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

For me the best source for Villa transfer news is John Percy. If he says we're in for a player I'll believe it. Until then it's speculation and your cab take it or leave it.

I love Percy as a source of news, especially when he arrives late at the back post, but these days, he seems to confirm transfer speculation after another journo has broke the story. He's not one to dabble in speculation, which is great, but he's not that that much fun when it comes to rumours. 

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I love Percy as a source of news, especially when he arrives late at the back post, but these days, he seems to confirm transfer speculation after another journo has broke the story. He's not one to dabble in speculation, which is great, but he's not that that much fun when it comes to rumours. 

This is true and you know once Percy does confirm what's being reported, that's its now legitimate. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

For me the best source for Villa transfer news is John Percy. If he says we're in for a player I'll believe it. Until then it's speculation and your cab take it or leave it.

No shit 

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Adding 1+1 and getting 5. Anyone can put out this sort of stuff. Then add in another unfounded rumour and be convinced that it corroborates the first. And that leads you to be `convinced' that our best player is leaving?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Adding 1+1 and getting 5. Anyone can put out this sort of stuff. Then add in another unfounded rumour and be convinced that it corroborates the first. And that leads you to be `convinced' that our best player is leaving?

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Would be crazy to sign a player of the profile of Ward-Prowse and keep Grealish having already spent £35m on a player. Without a doubt the most excited I'd ever go into a season.

Â