James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

England could have done with him last night as well with our dreadful set pieces. 

England could have done with him on the basis he’s better than Rice and arguably Phillips 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do we have to wait until end of transfer window to say Paul Doyle is a bullshit merchant who invented this story? I took a few days off from commenting for suggesting such and getting grief

Maybe you need a bit longer 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do we have to wait until end of transfer window to say Paul Doyle is a bullshit merchant who invented this story? I took a few days off from commenting for suggesting such and getting grief

I think there was (is?) interest 

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Kiwivillain back to work on the thread he's taken over as his own then. 

I will take it on the chin when the guy who is the lynchpin of Southampton who's been at the club since 8 years old and signed a 5 year contract extension in October 2020 signs with us before end of transfer window. Alternative is low caps "football writer for the guardian" on Twitter Paul Doyle is a spoofer

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I will take it on the chin when the guy who is the lynchpin of Southampton who's been at the club since 8 years old and signed a 5 year contract extension in October 2020 signs with us before end of transfer window. Alternative is low caps "football writer for the guardian" on Twitter Paul Doyle is a spoofer

You could say that the idea of trying to sign Smith-Rowe was a load of bollocks but in the end it seemed like we did genuinely bid for him.  It's not really a stretch to say we enquired for Ward-Prowse too.

38 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Here’s a thought: sometimes when a transfer doesn’t happen, there was genuine interest in the player, and the journalist who reported the link wasn’t lying.

Calling “bullshit” on every single transfer rumour will always have a pretty good success rate, and make you feel very clever, because most negotiations fall through.

This thread feels a bit like reading a menu in a restaurant and as you look through the menu, someone pops up to shout “bullshit bullshit bullshit you aren’t having the fillet steak you’re full of bullshit, haha you made that up you aren’t having the vegetable samosa, god you’re full of shit, as if you’d have the soup, why would the soup come to your table”. And then helicoptering his willy triumphantly when you order the garlic bread.

🥱

David Ornstein did an interview with the Tifo podcast and explanied what goes in to breaking a transfer rumour and that it often goes wrong after multiple checking of sources, sometimes even double and triple-checking. It'd be a worthwhile listen for a lot of people.

Irrespective of Southampton’s claims, JWP is for sale...at the right price!  

Traditionally they are a selling club, always have been and probably always will be and that’s despite having wealthy owners, it’s their MO. 

They had a difficult season last term and I suspect they are desperate to refresh the squad, so selling JWP would certainly give them significant funds to re-invest. 

I’m actually quite confident we can make this happen...if we want to.

• Like 1

I think JWP would be an unbelievable signing. 

He is the ideal player to sit next to the DMC in a 4-2-3-1. 

He has good tackling stats and arrives at the edge of the box late in a Lampard style kinda way. His set pieces are amazing and obviously something we've needed for a long time. 

Not sure if our interest is real but if he's serious about making the world cup squad he would hugely benefit joining us. I mean he didn't get in the Euro squad playing for Southampton so he's hit a ceiling. 

This feels like the type of signing we'd make if we are only adding 1-2 quality players so maybe not this season but the one after. 

• Haha 1

Â