Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

I started a health kick yesterday so going to lay off the beers for a few weeks.

I didn’t really plan that very well. 

I'm 7 months off a beer habit and I've dropped 20 lbs and lower my blood pressure. I drink Pellegrino water instead and it's a decent substitute. Glass bottle, bubbles, cold. You can do it. Or.....you can wait until August, lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Choosing Henderson over JWP is flummoxing. As Roy Keane asked, is he there to do card tricks in the dressing room?

As someone on social media said, the manager is on a hiding to nothing by picking the best diver in the game and leaving our best set piece taker out.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

As someone on social media said, the manager is on a hiding to nothing by picking the best diver in the game and leaving our best set piece taker out.

Best diver isnt Henderson himself or is it Kane or Rashford 😜

Though none have anything on Bruno

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I have some IPAs in for the England games. A drink that promises so much and absolutely never delivers ;):P

excited-baby-back-car.gif

Haven't got the schedule to hand, when's Ireland's first game? 

Finger-Gun-Community.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Haven't got the schedule to hand, when's Ireland's first game? 

Finger-Gun-Community.gif

I thought of this. Difference is we don't promise anything at all :D 

• Haha 2

I'd go with

Pickford

Walker    Stones   Mings  

James                                             Chilwell

Rice

Foden             Mount        Grealish

Kane

But there's no point speculating as we all know he'll play Rashford and Sterling with Jack on the bench!

We know we'll be disappointed and have our hopes dashed, but that's part of being an England fan.

Come on boys! 

Englands biggest problem in the tournament is not if Foden or Jack doesnt play but Harry Kane. He needs to stay near the box. He isnt at Spurs where he plays with limited midfielders and he needs to learn from Rooney mistakes of past tournaments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Englands biggest problem in the tournament is not if Foden or Jack doesnt play but Harry Kane. He needs to stay near the box. He isnt at Spurs where he plays with limited midfielders and he needs to learn from Rooney mistakes of past tournaments

You’re right but I guarantee he will do it. He has said it’s something he does for England (and nobody seems to be telling him not to).

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Suggesting Rashford or Grealish as other spot I think. No doubt it'll be Rashford though.

What a boring and safe selection. And then Southgate will be scratching his head at 0-0 after 60 minutes when England can't do anythinng v Croatia's deep block with no space to run in behind.

Perhaps he'll go with middle trio of Rice, Mount, Foden but I'd like to see Foden in front trio myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

What a boring and safe selection. And then Southgate will be scratching his head at 0-0 after 60 minutes when England can't do anythinng v Croatia's deep block with no space to run in behind.

Perhaps he'll go with middle trio of Rice, Mount, Foden but I'd like to see Foden in front trio myself.

I think as one or two have suggested Foden will be a sub as he has pace to burn. I think that's fine but to start those two is criminal and yeah extremely safe. 

Sterling doesn't deserve to start and Rashford will play on the right which isn't even his best position. 

Jack and Sancho are far more deserving, and I feel Jack needs to start more to grow into games and cause most damage.

I watched Italy last night attacking in front of the back 4, lots of possession, lots of short passing and movement trying to pull a defender out of position and then utilising the space, really comfortable on the ball and thought England can play like that if they want

Watching Belgium now move the ball quickly but playing it in to feet, stretching the pitch and playing sharp purposeful forward passing England can play like that too if they want 

Excited about tomorrow...knowing we won't play like either of them... 

Â