Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The second he announces his first team and Jack isn’t starting the media will start the process of turning on him.

Might be good for Jack, he will look really good when he comes on in the 68th minute to create Englands first chance of the game 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The second he announces his first team and Jack isn’t starting the media will start the process of turning on him.

Which will make him dig his heels in even more. The man’s a joke, I don’t know where he gets his ego from, it can’t be from his excellent track record in management. He fails every time we play a decent side, and he failed in his only club management role at Middlesbrough. Yet he still tries to impose his authority in the most pig headed of ways. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

JWP will genuinely offer something because of his exceptional set pieces. Is Ben White even going to get on the pitch? If he does, what does he offer over those already in the squad?

Probably not. But Ward-Prowse probably wouldn't either. Because if he's not been picked in a 26 man squad, it suggests that there weren't plans to use him.

His "exceptional set pieces" aren't much use from the bench, and if England find themselves chasing the game he's unlikely to be coming on ahead of whichever of Sterling / Sancho / Rashford / Grealish / Foden / Mount hasn't started. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Probably not. But Ward-Prowse probably wouldn't either. Because if he's not been picked in a 26 man squad, it suggests that there weren't plans to use him.

His "exceptional set pieces" aren't much use from the bench, and if England find themselves chasing the game he's unlikely to be coming on ahead of whichever of Sterling / Sancho / Rashford / Grealish / Foden / Mount hasn't started. 

I guarantee there will be times late in very tight games we’ll win free kicks that are perfect for him. And Kane will thump them into row Z.

His all round game is also not bad, it’s not like we’d be carrying a dud just for free kicks.

I agree though, Gareth will probably throw Sancho or Rashford or Sterling on (if not on already) and they’ll run into dead ends instead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Rashford is average, just runs quick.

Grealish, Foden and Mount have to start as they are the most in-form players.

Rice and Bellingham sitting deeper would be great.

Sancho is in decent form to be fair to him and our only proper right winger 

He just doesn't seem to be able to get it to click with England 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

7-2-1 formation with Sterling and Rashford either side of Kane.

If Rashford and Sterling start, and Jack doesn’t I might put my foot through my TV.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Rashford is average, just runs quick.

Grealish, Foden and Mount have to start as they are the most in-form players.

Rice and Bellingham sitting deeper would be great.

If Sterling - Rashford are our starting wingers I won't watch a minute of us in the Euros.

I'm only about 50% sure that won't happen 

Just now, Rino8 said:

If Sterling - Rashford are our starting wingers I won't watch a minute of us in the Euros.

Forget about booing the knee, people will be booing the team announcement.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

One will definitely start, be too radical for Southgate to drop both 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guarantee there will be times late in very tight games we’ll win free kicks that are perfect for him. And Kane will thump them into row Z.

Sure. There are good arguments to take him. 

But the argument that he should go over Ben White because Ben White won't play isn't one of them. Ward-Prowse wouldn't play either.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Sure. There are good arguments to take him. 

But the argument that he should go over Ben White because Ben White won't play isn't one of them. Ward-Prowse wouldn't play either.

I’m not convinced.

You can look at JWP on the bench and see how he could give us something to change a game, especially with Kane, Grealish and Rashford very good at winning free kicks. It’s a bit of joined up thinking (which I think Southgate lacks).

Why would you throw Ben White on unless the defence had been decimated by injury? 

This booing of the knee is a bit poisonous. Whoever's doing it needs to stop, it's been pointed out what the knee means and there is no excuse any more. If it carries on then it's as good as saying ok to veiled racism and that is going to undermine our team. Has to be stronger action taken against those who are booing it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We should be concerned about Italy because we always lose to the first decent team we come up against in knockout competitions. We've never beaten a top team.

If we meet Italy we'll lose

Not specifically a response to you, but a general point -

If people believe this - that we will lose to the first decent team we come up against, it's written in the stars - then what's the point in getting annoyed over whether Ben White or James Ward-Prowse are taking the 26th spot in a 23-man squad?

What I would like is for people to *either* be outraged about squad additions and formations *or* be fatalistic about how we have no chance anyway, because it doesn't make sense to be both, and it makes this thread quite tiring to read to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not specifically a response to you, but a general point -

If people believe this - that we will lose to the first decent team we come up against, it's written in the stars - then what's the point in getting annoyed over whether Ben White or James Ward-Prowse are taking the 26th spot in a 23-man squad?

What I would like is for people to *either* be outraged about squad additions and formations *or* be fatalistic about how we have no chance anyway, because it doesn't make sense to be both, and it makes this thread quite tiring to read to be honest.

Why can’t everybody please think the same as @HanoiVillan as differing opinions are wearing him out. :lol: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not convinced.

You can look at JWP on the bench and see how he could give us something to change a game, especially with Kane, Grealish and Rashford very good at winning free kicks. It’s a bit of joined up thinking (which I think Southgate lacks).

Why would you throw Ben White on unless the defence had been decimated by injury? 

This feels a bit like we are going round in circles.

He wouldn't throw Ward-Prowse on. We know that for a fact, due to his omission from the squad. 

So the argument that White won't play so he should take Ward-Prowse instead is utterly moot.

• Like 1

Â