Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

wonder if he will get his long awaited debut....

They are playing Chile on 28/01 & Colombia on 01/02,

Top 4 qualify for the World Cup from the South American WC qually league thingy, with 4 games left to play, so that means Argentina have already qualified i think, so he might get a debut in this international break?

I have no idea about the midfield of Argentina but surely he gets an opportunity somewhere soon. Knock, knock, knocking on the door with some heavenly football.

50 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I have no idea about the midfield of Argentina but surely he gets an opportunity somewhere soon. Knock, knock, knocking on the door with some heavenly football.

Ready made replacement when Messi retires

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ready made replacement when Messi retires

Buendia actually would be one to thrive in a tiki taka style of play, provided he had adequate players to join him.

So incisive, precise and decisive. Cuts right through the heart of defence. 

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

Actually don't know why Lo Celso starts for Argentina so much - Buendia has just as much technique and work rate but more end product and far more deserving of a start currently. 

Lo Celso has started 2 league games for Tottenham but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the starting line up yet again knowing Scaloni.

Surely Buendia will get on at some point because he's been called up a few times now and you'd want to see what he can do in an actual match. He's probably the most in-form out of all Argentina's attacking midfielders currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Is that because all the " good " teams pass side to side though or because most of our attacking options go through emi . 

Not knocking it at all . Trossard is nowhere near him and i would probably put him up as the closest thing to Emi in the prem 

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Yh, but look at the players in his quadrant compared to the players in the bottom left quadrant…

I just see a bunch of players that would normally be on the end of the progressive pass (forwards) in the bottom left quadrant. Oh, and Reece James. What's your point?

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I just see a bunch of players that would normally be on the end of the progressive pass (forwards) in the bottom left quadrant. Oh, and Reece James. What's your point?

That’s exactly my point.

Edit: expand on above

If you compare him to Bruno Fernandes, his progressive passing and passes attempted are almost half of his.  Declan Rice again double Buendia.  Hell even in our own team, John McGinn is significantly higher, Jacob Ramsey has more. For **** sake even Fred!

The point is, it’s a pointless statistic unless you take into account the particular role a player plays.  OF COURSE someone whose job it is to play through balls to a forward will have more progressive passes per 90 than someone whose job is primarily to try to be on the end of those passes.  Just as true as OF COURSE McGinn and Ramsey and Rice will have more progressive passes per 90 than Buendia, because they play further back.

What is the actual point in comparing Buendia’s progressive passing stats to Salah, Kane, Jesus?? Most of their passes will be sideways or backwards!! If they pass at all - because they’re primarily going to be shooting!!

I love the guy, and I love how he’s playing - but that chart proves nothing.

AEF2B734-8CB7-4717-9D60-AE5CE7BDFCB2.jpeg

Edited by Thug

Â