Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Really love him, tough, skillfull, doesn’t play act or fall down every five seconds, just gets on with it. Can take a player on… and he’s got a foot like a traction engine! 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

I think early in the season he was going down too easily when challenged in expectation of winning fouls, but I think he realised pretty quickly that this wasn't cutting it and has started working the ball through the opposition. Of course it helps when you have a bit of confidence in your team mates to be on the end of it and I think Ramsey's emergence has been a significant help in that respect.

I did think he was a bit soft to begin with but boy has he changed my mind on that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia is from same town as Martinez. He was probably winding Mina up about that penalty miss 

I would say he is an asshole to play against and oppositiin fans will hate him

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would say he is an asshole to play against and oppositiin fans will hate him

He’s too small and too cute to hate.  They’d redirect their hatred at their own players for being out muscled and out jumped by a bearded toddler.

image.jpeg.0b89acd751b9d1801d829d899fb6f05c.jpeg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Not sure why we are comparing Buendia to Grealish.

Buendia was bought as Barkley's replacement - talk about an upgrade!

Yep i am sure Buendia tweeted he was disappointed not to play with Grealish or something like that. Or maybe he tweeted a snake but he sounded not happy 😂

With regard to headers, what he lacks in height he really makes up for in technique! Wow. And anyway we've seen he's very good at jumping up high too (e.g. the nearly goal v Leicester). In fact I wonder if he may suddenly have become one of the best headers in the team?! I don't remember him for headers with Norwich. 

1) v Leicester. Leapt majestically like a salmon and powered a header which looked like it might just creep in anyway even if Konsa hadn't got a touch.

2) v Man Utd. Great glancing header, top save from De Gea.

3) v Everton. Great glancing, looping header. 3rd time lucky !

• Like 2

On 22/01/2022 at 23:00, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it has more to do with ppl overreacting to him losing the ball and being outmuscled on a couple of occations early in the season. He had a full PL season before and performed really well. Never any doubt that he would this time as well. What I have been most impressed with is that he now seems to have upped his game even more, out classing Man U. I knew he would perform against mid and low table teams, but now he has showed that he can perform against the top teams as well. Very encouraging!

If Coutinho had played like Buendia today, we would probably have said yepp that's a £100M+ quality player. Buendia showing his worth. And the two of them in the same team is just amazing, just imagine whenCoutinho get up to speed.

Agreed. And throw a fit and firing Bailey in there as a rotation/first change and we have three really strong options for the two "10's" with Chukie and JPB coming through. If Bailey had been there on Saturday his pace would have changed Everton's second half approach. Godfrey has still got twisted blood from the 3-0 at VP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Agreed. And throw a fit and firing Bailey

Nothing I've seen of Bailey with us in limited time says he's better than Traore was last season and it's like Traore is an afterthought now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nothing I've seen of Bailey with us in limited time says he's better than Traore was last season and it's like Traore is an afterthought now. 

Did you not watch the Everton home game? I think it was probably his only fully fit game for us and despite being a shaft cameo it was electric. I sat right behind him for the goal and he had Godfrey - who I do rate and think is a very good defender who should be playing as a CB for Everton - on toast.

His pace offers something different and will stretch the game creating space for Buendia or Coutinho.

I think there is a period of adjustment coming from the Bundesliga - look at Havertz and Sancho - but I am excited by Bailey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Did you not watch the Everton home game? I think it was probably his only fully fit game for us and despite being a shaft cameo it was electric. I sat right behind him for the goal and he had Godfrey - who I do rate and think is a very good defender who should be playing as a CB for Everton - on toast.

His pace offers something different and will stretch the game creating space for Buendia or Coutinho.

I think there is a period of adjustment coming from the Bundesliga - look at Havertz and Sancho - but I am excited by Bailey.

Yes. He had a breakaway goal with no one near him but the keeper in front of him because of clever ball from Ings and standard corner that Digne headed into his own goal. I think you're giving him more credit for that 21 mins than is warranted

6 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

He came off the bench and got injured soon after. He had more games where he played fully fit, under Gerrard even. He hasn't even looked half the player Traore did last season.

On 01/11/2021 at 15:47, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Bowen is also in his 3rd season at West Ham now, and last season he lost his spot in their team at different parts. He now has more than 60 Premier League games for the Hammers and is looking class in a team that is absolutely flying with a solid defence, one of the best central midfield pairings in the league, and a quick, fluid attack full of confidence.

Name a forward at any club in the league who was newly signed in the summer and has hit the ground running... I can think of Andros Townsend and Demarai Gray for Everton, both of whom are long-term PL players who know the league. Ronaldo in the same bucket, and he's also a top 5 player in the entire history of football so... the only completely new to the Prem signings who have done OK are Hwang at Wolves and Edouard at Palace.

Here's a list of forwards, many of whom are much bigger names and cost a hell of a lot more than Buendia, who have signed and not performed:

• Romelu Lukaku, 100m, started with a bang but completely cooled off and now injured
  • Timo Werner and Kai Havertz, 120m between them, playing for the European champions and still struggling in their 2nd season. Hakim Ziyech the same, 40m and he doesn't even play.
  • Jack Grealish, 100m, getting slated by their fans
  • Jadon Sancho, 75m, doesn't even play after coming from Germany as an elite player
  • Nikola Vlasic, 30m, doesn't even play after coming from winning the Russian league's player of the season award
  • Bryan Gil, 25m, doesn't even play
  • Patson Daka, 40m, only plays off the bench or in Europa League
  • Adam Armstrong, 15m, struggling big time and been dropped multiple times already
  • Literally every signing at Norwich, who broke their club transfer fee record multiple times in the summer

So many fans think that just because you sign a player for big money from a club or a league where they were dominating, they will come into a new environment and immediately deliver those performances. It's not FIFA on your PlayStation, bloody hell. FIFA on your PlayStation even includes the concept of "Team Chemistry", showing that even they understand that new signings from other clubs, leagues, nationalities, languages etc don't immediately gel together and it takes time to build understanding and, well, chemistry. 

How about some of you look in the mirror and think about what happens when you move to a new company for work... they offer you increased pay so you make the move, it's the same industry and a similar role ... but does that company expect you to be delivering at 100% of your output from Day 1? Or do they realise that you need to be trained on how the company works, you need to meet people and learn how they do things here etc etc, and you get given time to get up to speed?

The funniest part to watch will be once Villa sort their shit out, get some consistency in lineups, the new signings start to gel with the team and so on, and Buendia shows his quality and proves to be a critical player, 3/4s of the blokes abusing him now will pretend they never did ... "Oh it's like I always say, you have to give a new signing a season and a proper off-season to bed in," they will say, before nevertheless ripping into next summer's big money signing after a slow start 2 months into their Villa career.

marshall-you-know-himym.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

wonder if he will get his long awaited debut....

They are playing Chile on 28/01 & Colombia on 01/02,

Top 4 qualify for the World Cup from the South American WC qually league thingy, with 4 games left to play, so that means Argentina have already qualified i think, so he might get a debut in this international break?

• Like 2

Â