Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

29 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Screw England, I'll be rooting for Argentina or Brazil in the World Cup. If thats bad, I don't care.

Jamaica for the World Cup. Bailey to grab the golden boot after scoring a hat-trick in the final to beat Germany after they an early 2 nil lead

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 2

Could always see the quality was there but it really feels like things are starting to come together for him now. Delighted for him and excited for what's to come for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

Could always see the quality was there but it really feels like things are starting to come together for him now. Delighted for him and excited for what's to come for the remainder of the season.

Yeah, I can't wait for a run of league games to see what this squad can do.  Seems to have been so disjointed recently with Covid break, FA Cup, International break, a run of games before that we were always unlikely to get much from.  Feels like it will be a new season when we get going again.  We've just seen glimpses so far, I reckon him and Coutinho are about to set the league alight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean if you're English... It probably is 😂

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Jamaica for the World Cup. Bailey to grab the golden boot after scoring a hat-trick in the final to beat Germany after they an early 2 nil lead

England schmingland, country has gone to pot, the coach is boring, the football is turgid, the media and pundits will be off the charts crap. Would rather root for a Villa related cause. Sorry Tyrone but he'll pick his favourites so you'll hardly get a sniff. Boooo England out!

Ill be rooting for Jamaica too Pete. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing to think, that our 2 x no.10 positions are now filled by Argentina & Brazil internationals.

What a time to be a Villa fan!

Congrats on your first cap Emi, fingers crossed for many more!

Wow, that's mad. 

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

England schmingland, country has gone to pot, the coach is boring, the football is turgid, the media and pundits will be off the charts crap. Would rather root for a Villa related cause. Sorry Tyrone but he'll pick his favourites so you'll hardly get a sniff. Boooo England out!

Ill be rooting for Jamaica too Pete. 

Southgate is killing international football for England imo. Some great players but God awful football and zero charisma. Gerrard would be much more fun as an England manager

Congrats to him and well deserved.

The only thing that really irks me is how Lo Celso gets picked over him despite barely playing in 18 months (even if has done well for the national team).

Be nice to see what Buendia can do in an Argentina shirt for the whole match rather than just 10 mins at the end of the game.

I swear before about 5 years ago we'd never had a Brazilian or Argentinian, now we have important players of each team in our 11.  Incredible really :) 

Exciting times to be a Villan.  Let's hope we can continue this upwards trajectory, and stop losing against shit like bastard Brentford 47 times a season (seemingly) :D  

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Southgate is killing international football for England imo. Some great players but God awful football and zero charisma. Gerrard would be much more fun as an England manager

I quite like him being our manager and not spearheading Ingerrlan

• Like 1

I didnt know that much about him before he signed for us, watched Football with a very Villa focus glasses past few years.

My boys raved about him but I wasnt that impressed at first and enjoyed winding them up by saying they knew nothing.

But I have had to admit to them recently that he isnt too bad :)

The other thing is that he is starting to look really happy which is a good sign for Villa.

The other good thing about this is Aston Villa being exposed more to Brazillian and Argentina fans.   

During the 94 World Cup I happened to be in the middle of Brazillians celebrating beating the USA in the quarter finals.  

I was about to swap my Villa Baseball Cap for a Brazil one, and I had to explain who Villa were etc.   I doubt I would have to do that now.

Unfortunately his wife/girlfriend came over and told him off for even considering swapping his Brazil Hat :)

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'll call it now, I think Ings will win the head to head battle with Watkins for the CF position. We need our best finisher there to put away the chances created and he is a lot better than Watkins at that. Watkins score less goals than his xG. Last season and this.

Ings has out performed his xG in last two seasons and in this season so far too.

Disagree with this. Finishing in terms of performance above xg is about all Ings has over Watkins, and Watkins appears to more involved both in creating and having more chances to score. Over the season I think it would make little difference in terms of goal return. Plus we've just brought in Digne to add additional attacking threat I'd assume mostly in the form of crosses and set pieces into the box and looks like Watkins wins more than 3 times as many aerial duels as Ings at 60% better success rate. And Watkins still has room to improve whereas feels like Ings is probably past his peak now.

15 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Disagree with this. Finishing in terms of performance above xg is about all Ings has over Watkins, and Watkins appears to more involved both in creating and having more chances to score. Over the season I think it would make little difference in terms of goal return. Plus we've just brought in Digne to add additional attacking threat I'd assume mostly in the form of crosses and set pieces into the box and looks like Watkins wins more than 3 times as many aerial duels as Ings at 60% better success rate. And Watkins still has room to improve whereas feels like Ings is probably past his peak now.

You've been on the warpath for a couple of days now 😂

• Haha 1

Â