Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Interesting article with Norwich's owner on the BBC talking about their financial situation. Essentially, they haven't got any money and won't be 'doing a Fulham' by gambling TV money.

They'll sell in no time once an offer is in, imo. Just depends how man teams are fighting it out.

Little snippet quotes him taking about having to sell players.

"If we do sell one, it's going to be a club record deal," he said.

"It's probably going to start with a number three in front of it and that will give us great opportunities to maybe make the whole better as well. We're really relaxed on that front."

to be fair, reading the article you have to respect the way they are doing it, in terms of sustainability etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

We don't even know if we're in for him or even interested in him do we?

Probably every player we're linked with so far is bollocks rumour like most seasons. We'll sign someone not mentioned and the trash rag journos will rage and write more Grealish to leave Villa articles 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Probably every player we're linked with so far is bollocks rumour like most seasons. We'll sign someone not mentioned and the trash rag journos will rage and write more Grealish to leave Villa articles 

And I like it, last summer was great as it felt like no one knew anything, most of the players were bought came out as a leak the day or 2 days before, Watkins was the only prolonged one 

Villa seem tight on the rumours, suggests we're well run

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, May-Z said:

It will start with a free...and end with Josh Onomah

Fixed 

I can't see how Norwich have no money. 

They were PL last year and hardly spent a bean, they took the money and ran. Their wage bill can't be huge and they've just had a year of parachute payments. 

By having no money he must mean not prepared to spend the money he's banked.  Apparently the price of flour is about to rise so maybe Delia needs more dough. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

If true that they have no money and would sell as soon as an offer comes in, it does beg the question why we didn't pounce last year when we probably could have had him for £20m.

The Sanson situation shows we were willing to pay early if the price was right. 

We've waited an extra year and will have to pay a PL premium as a result.

I doubt it's all going to be as cut and dry as suggested tbh.

Because Martinez and Watkins were more pressing priorities, so by the time they were wrapped up, Buendia may not have been available or Traore/Barkley may have been seen as better alternatives as they were cheaper, allowing us more maneuverability to get our key targets.

I think you're right that Sanson was the right price at the right time, which is why we went for him, but it seems to me that Buendia may have been right price at the wrong time so we didn't go for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Daniel Levy seeing that comment about starting with the number 3 and preparing a bid... 

Season 4 Dunder Mifflin Infinity GIF by The Office

Levy: “Here we go me old china, knees up muvva braan, up the apples and pairs, how abaat 30 nicker for the old boy?”

Norwich: “What the hell are you talking about? Are you even cockney? I thought you were from Essex?”

Levy: “Roll out the barrel….some old cockney bollocks….etc etc”

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I can't see how Norwich have no money. 

They were PL last year and hardly spent a bean, they took the money and ran. Their wage bill can't be huge and they've just had a year of parachute payments. 

By having no money he must mean not prepared to spend the money he's banked.  Apparently the price of flour is about to rise so maybe Delia needs more dough. 

Pretty sure they paid down debt with the money that came

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

Pretty sure they paid down debt with the money that came

The difference between their owners and ours is ridiculous . 22 mill versus 8 billion . 

So whereas our owners are happy to pay for all of the infrastructure out of their own pocket Norwich have probably had to borrow to update training ground , stadium etc.

Â