Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think if it was a straight financial battle, i'm confident we would win

as others have said there are other factors so will depend on the player himself. he and our emi might have the same agent and might play for the same country, but buendia might think martinez is a bellend for all we know and not care less what he thinks about villa! or they could be besties and would love to play at the same team....fingers crossed for the latter!

Yep. The idea that Arsenal will spend £35-40mil on Buendia is a bit unrealistic. That’ll be well over 50% of their budget. Financially they can’t compete with Villa (but you are right there are other factors). Feels good to say established teams can’t compete with us for a change.

Interesting bit in this article. He prefers to play and sees himself as a No 10, not a RW or RF. Could be used as a straight replacement for Barkley, or if Rashica link is true this time we could have Jack, Buendia and Rashica as a 3 all inter-changing behind Ollie. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Awol said:

Interesting bit in this article. He prefers to play and sees himself as a No 10, not a RW or RF. Could be used as a straight replacement for Barkley, or if Rashica link is true this time we could have Jack, Buendia and Rashica as a 3 all inter-changing behind Ollie. 

If we don’t sign him or Rashica, I get the impression that’s what Smith is aiming for - rotating forward line behind Ollie. 

Edited by The_Steve

I'd be fairly happy if we only signed this guy and a CDM with all our money this window. 

Assumes we sell noone, or get direct replacements for them if we do.

I'm so totally utterly sold on Buendia, even at 40mill.

Sorry to say, but this means it's not happening. Never does when I'm this convinced about a player 😔

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd be fairly happy if we only signed this guy and a CDM with all our money this window. 

Sorry to say, but this means it's not happening. Never does when I'm this convinced about a player 😔

Ryan Gosling Shut Up GIF

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Shush!

• Haha 1

I haven't really thought much about Buendia; mainly due to not seeing Norwich much this season.

But I've just watched this Youtube video and I want him at Villa. I know Youtube videos aren't the best guide for a transfer, but knowing the standard of the opposition the clips are against he just reminds me of Grealish. His movement, weight of pass and carrying of the ball are similar to what Jack does for us; having another player in that mould would make us a much more complete team.

Drop the £40 million whilst Arsenal haggle with add ons and clauses; get it done.

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Is there any solid evidence that we're in for him? Because I really can't see him leaving a club he just help get promoted.

Why not?  It’s not like he’s a lifelong Norwich fan.  He’s already been up with them once and gone straight back down.  He won’t want to be doing the same again.

it’s a very short career as a footballer, he can’t waste it all yoyoing with Norwich.  They couldn’t even invest enough to try to keep them in the premier league last time around.  Nothing will change this time around either.

He will be gone if the right apportunity presents itself.   

He’s a quality player.  Must sign him.

• Like 1

Â