Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

53 minutes ago, jim said:

How dare people comment on what they are seeing out on the pitch!

He was hyped up beyond belief on here, which I found surprising given how little he did last time he was in the Premier League.

He cost big money and so far has shown very little to warrant such a price tag. IMO.

Don't think he's fully recovered from injury. 

52 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What is big money nowadays, he would get 60% of a Ben White

Our record signing. I would expect a bit more than hope he come good. Especially given the jiz fest for him on here.

1 hour ago, jim said:

How dare people comment on what they are seeing out on the pitch!

He was hyped up beyond belief on here, which I found surprising given how little he did last time he was in the Premier League.

He cost big money and so far has shown very little to warrant such a price tag. IMO.

1 Goal and 7 assists in that Norwich side who only won 5 games in the season before last. Throughout the season was right beside grealish and de bruyne for chances created. 

Last season 15 goals and 16 assists and championship player of the year. 

There was plenty of reasons to hype up the transfer. 

Had a great game against Walsall in preseason assisting Ollie twice. Then had an injury and looked well off the pace against Watford understandably. Today I thought he was a lot better on the ball and made a few good tackles tracking back. Some nice passing too and I think he’s only going to improve.

Give it time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Our record signing. I would expect a bit more than hope he come good. Especially given the jiz fest for him on here.

It's 2 games into what's been a whirlwind of a summer including an injury a week before the season. A little patience wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

1 Goal and 7 assists in that Norwich side who only won 5 games in the season before last. Throughout the season was right beside grealish and de bruyne for chances created. 

Buendia was 2nd behind KDB for chances created that season. Grealish was 3rd. If you look at some highlights that season you can see how his teammates butchered some great chances

• Thanks 1

Looked a lot better today. Faded around 65 minute mark. Perhaps not at peak fitness. Always looked dangerous. 

Seemed like we were a lot better organised from set pieces. He seemed to be positioned in the best possible places for breaking balls.

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia was 2nd behind KDB for chances created that season. Grealish was 3rd. If you look at some highlights that season you can see how his teammates butchered some great chances

Link to highlights below (actual footage with commentary):

sdfghdzhsgfhfghgfhhhhhhhhh.gif

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it went De Bruyne -> Maddison == Grealish -> Buendia that season. Still bloody impressive. Also second behind De Bruyne for through balls that year.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think it went De Bruyne -> Maddison == Grealish -> Buendia that season. Still bloody impressive. Also second behind De Bruyne for through balls that year.

Total created KDB>Grealish>Buendia>Maddison

Per 90 Buendia 2nd behind KDB

• Like 1

I haven't seen much of the two games apart from highlights.

However Buendia is a consistent performer and hopefully that continues at Villa.

All players deserve a little time.

Our pre-season was a problem, he's still adjusting to Villa, tactics and his teammates.

Thing is the PL is unforgiving and difficult for players who aren't fit, we've seen this before with players trying to find fitness through a season.

Even if he'd had another Watford performance today it'd be crazy to be writing any players off this early.

As it happens I thought he looked pretty good today. His passing and vision seems great, when he's a bit more up to speed and in fitness he'll start to shine.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really fear for Leon, with the way this thread is going, after 2 games.

Come on, you know the drill. You are an amazing can't miss Footballer if you are in a foreign league and all we have are FBref stats and YouTube videos. 

Then when you sign for the Villa you are immediately shit, unless Man City has inserted a buy back clause, then you amazing, until the buy back clause expires and then you are immediately shit again. 

• Like 1

It takes time to fall in love....but its inevitable

He might take a little time to properly gel with the rest of the team but when everyone is on the same wavelength he will be scary. We have no pace in behind at the moment but when ollie and bailey are back in we will see some real eye of the needle balls . 

When he got the ball under control and he was in position he was good.

Cash was stranded on the right at times though, when Emi tracked back he did really well in the second half, but **** me he was nowhere to be seen a lot. McGinn was having to go to RW to cover the gaping hole.

He got better though and much better than last week. Hopefully he reaches his lofty heights soon.

He's also very hot headed, he's going to get sent off twice a season.

16 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Come on, you know the drill. You are an amazing can't miss Footballer if you are in a foreign league and all we have are FBref stats and YouTube videos. 

Then when you sign for the Villa you are immediately shit, unless Man City has inserted a buy back clause, then you amazing, until the buy back clause expires and then you are immediately shit again. 

This is....da way

Â