Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

He looks badly short of fitness to me. One incident in the second half stood out where he had space in front of him on the right wing and you could see Ramsey in the centre waiting for him to sprint into it. He struggled to break out of a jog and the ball ended up running out of the over the sideline and Ramsey looking confused that he didn’t make it. 

It leaves me hopeful that’s there’s much much more to come from him. 

Whilst you’re right about the fitness, that particular incident was just a piss poor pass from Ramsey (who was otherwise excellent) in my opinion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Whilst you’re right about the fitness, that particular incident was just a piss poor pass from Ramsey (who was otherwise excellent) in my opinion.

No, this happened right in front of us, JJ played what was an obvious ball but Emi couldn’t make it. He’s a bit slow, needs to adapt to Prem and full fitness. I like him tho, he’ll be great.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

No, this happened right in front of us, JJ played what was an obvious ball but Emi couldn’t make it. He’s a bit slow, needs to adapt to Prem and full fitness. I like him tho, he’ll be great.

Its so strange that on the tv it looked like JJ played the ball too far ahead of him, after looking at it for a good second or so and deliberately playing it there.  It looked like Buendia had already decided to not run into that space and was expecting the ball to feet.  I think JJ had the right idea, and Buendia *should* have attacked that space, but once it was clear that he wasn’t going to do that he should’ve played a different pass.

I do concede that you being there gives you a much better view, so you’re probably right.

52 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm seeing it , he's a baller. 

I’m fairly surprised just coming onto this thread at the meh response by some. He’s not up to speed yet but you can see his qualities and the potential. Happy for the future with him.

• Like 2

Good time to mention we need to stop writing players off after two games???

He will Definitely come good. I doubt he’s even being utilised how we Intended due to injuries.

My phone is capitalising random words and I can’t be bothered to change it…

• Thanks 1

Surprised by the negativity on here about his performance, he didn't look all that sharp today but he played a few brilliant balls and he seems to pick out passes that I couldn't see from the stands.

I think he looks pretty decent already and I can't wait for him to play with Watkins, I think they could strike up a pretty frightening partnership once they get develop an understanding.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep I agree. This site is becoming a little surreal.

How dare people comment on what they are seeing out on the pitch!

He was hyped up beyond belief on here, which I found surprising given how little he did last time he was in the Premier League.

He cost big money and so far has shown very little to warrant such a price tag. IMO.

1 minute ago, jim said:

He was hyped up beyond belief on here, which I found surprising given how little he did last time he was in the Premier League.

He cost big money and so far has shown very little to warrant such a price tag. IMO.

Your view and you’re entitled to it but it’s a daft opinion in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim said:

As an example, calling him Carles Gil X 2 is not constructive criticism. 

The guy was injured in pre-season, ever likely he's off the pace a little.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jim said:

What is big money nowadays, he would get 60% of a Ben White

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thug said:

Its so strange that on the tv it looked like JJ played the ball too far ahead of him, after looking at it for a good second or so and deliberately playing it there.  It looked like Buendia had already decided to not run into that space and was expecting the ball to feet.  I think JJ had the right idea, and Buendia *should* have attacked that space, but once it was clear that he wasn’t going to do that he should’ve played a different pass.

I do concede that you being there gives you a much better view, so you’re probably right.

Maybe it’s perspective then because, as you say, JJ had the right idea and Buendia should have run but it looked like he didn’t have the legs for it. Maybe it was a conscious decision. Who knows? Either way, they’ll get there.

• Like 1

Â