Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, DCJonah said:

I thought physically slow TBH. 

I don't think pace was ever a big part of his game but yeah not the quickest. Even more reason why we need to find him a place in the middle of the park.  He is not a winger at all in the traditional sense. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

I don't think pace was ever a big part of his game but yeah not the quickest. Even more reason why we need to find him a place in the middle of the park.  He is not a winger at all in the traditional sense. 

Yeah after watching today, I can clearly see why we might use him as a 10. 

I think he will eventually have to come central. Not sure he's got enough pace to play out wide for us especially as a counter attacking team. If we can dominated the ball more I don't think pace is as much of an issue but currently I think he's going to struggle against better FBs or the better teams.

Overall though I thought he linked up very well. played a great through ball to McGinn in the first half and generally looked much better than last week. I think eventually he's going to be ace for us. 

Once he finds his rhythm floating around the pitch he is going to drop a dime of a through ball for an Ings or Watkins goal and we are going to go crazy lol. 

• Like 3

Still not convinced. Usually when a player has something special you can see it even when not fit/settling in. I don’t see it yet.

Also frustrating to see him drifting inside a lot when we attacked leaving a gaping hole on the right. Made us look very unbalanced. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

So basically Grealish then. But on the right

Yes. It's not that unusual these days, especially in a 4-2-3-1 but even in a 4-3-3. The wide forwards cut in, the full backs attack and provide the true width.

One thing he has is that ability to counjour a good pass from a position where you think he's going to lose the ball!

Looks a bit lightweight atm but he never had that look at Norwich so maybe it's a lack of sharpness.

Plenty to offer!

34 minutes ago, May-Z said:

His touch, vision,  and weight of pass are excellent. As is his closing and pressing.That was all clear to see today.

He's been caught on the ball a couple of times in these first two games and that comes with match sharpness and being more familiar with teammate's movement.

Wow, not sure what I’m more shocked by, your assessment or the fact 6 people have liked it. You make it sound like he was brilliant today. He’s definitely better than he has shown so far and will improve. He doesn’t look fit to me either atm. Was also quite surprised how slow he looked at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

We play inside forwards not wingers 

Can't write him off after 2 games that's certain, but you can normally see something. Given the amount of hype around him, he doesn't beat a man, his movement doesn't appear special, he looks weak and slow to react. Passing is decent enough.

Meh so far. Maybe we need the other players back first? Unless Norwich just had really low standards for players to be called amazing by their fans.

8 minutes ago, WHY said:

Wow, not sure what I’m more shocked by, your assessment or the fact 6 people have liked it. You make it sound like he was brilliant today. He’s definitely better than he has shown so far and will improve. He doesn’t look fit to me either atm. Was also quite surprised how slow he looked at times.

He was definitely slow and not fully fit. Few missed opportunities to get on the end of passes because he simply didn't have the legs for it. That will improve game by game along with confidence though. 

He looks badly short of fitness to me. One incident in the second half stood out where he had space in front of him on the right wing and you could see Ramsey in the centre waiting for him to sprint into it. He struggled to break out of a jog and the ball ended up running out of the over the sideline and Ramsey looking confused that he didn’t make it. 

It leaves me hopeful that’s there’s much much more to come from him. 

• Like 2

I think in the summer he was being built up to ridiculous proportions, to the point where it was almost unfair as it was always going to be hard to live up to that kind of hype. I'm sure he will get better and better as the season goes on but as long as he's an improvement on El Ghazi and Trezeguet and plays his part in helping the team with creativity then he will have been a good signing.

• Like 1

Â