Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Neither him or Grealish work well as a 10.

Now I don't even see the obsession with playing with a 10.

I want us to play like Liverpool with one holding DM and 2 hard working, pressing box to box midfielders.

Buendia, Grealish and Watkins should be more than enough firepower to get your goals.

That's completely disingenuous Liverpool do play with a 10, he's called Roberto Firminho. False 9 10 whatever you want to call it he plays that role. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's completely disingenuous Liverpool do play with a 10, he's called Roberto Firminho. False 9 10 whatever you want to call it he plays that role. 

False 9 and a 10 are 2 completely different roles.

Besides they have a 3 man midfield so the "10" won't leave them exposed

To get away with a 2 man midfield they need to be outstanding midfielders with a lot of energy, passing ability and grit. We don't have that. In my mind we absolutely have to play a 3 man midfield

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I think a lot of people these days think that No.10s and attacking midfielders are the same thing, so if you talk about not playing with a No.10 they think you're being very defensive minded but a no.10 and an attacking midfieler are two different things, Frank well cool Lampard and Steven Gerrard were attacking midfielders but not No.10s for example. Most teams don't play with a No.10, and if they do they tend to play them out wide with license to drift inside, pretty much as we do with Grealish.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't agree with most of what I'm reading here, I thought he was wonderful, again. We weren't able to convert any of our sexy football into anything tangible, Watkins was well shackled and when he wasn't his decision making was poor, but Emi was, frankly, on another level to anyone else on the pitch. 

That no-look nutmeg mid-way through the first half was ridiculous, I have to wonder whether the guy is an actual Jedi. 

ye, i thought he did well considering.

tbh, he was in a team where the midfield and attack consisted of  Nakamba, McGinn & El Ghazi, none of whom are even on the same planet in terms of intricate passing, cant be easy to want to play some intricate stuff when the players around you just arent capable of it.

Ramsey might be, i dunno, i dont think i have seen enough of him to decide whether he is able or just playing within himself a little, and Watkins as u say, was just well marshalled due to the lack of threat coming from elsewhere.

You can see Buendia has the ability and talent regardless.

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We really do have some dumb as shit fans out there…

I've started blocking weirdos like this who say things for attention. Twitter becomes good again quite quickly.

There's obviously hundreds and thousands of trolls around for some reason as well.

Weirdo or troll you're getting blocked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

At the end of the day even the best have there off days and Buendia is new. Trying to make it work amongst some players he's most likely not going to play much with apart from the regular first eleven. Seemed to have a good connection with Watkins which is a very good sign early on and important.

There is lots to take into account I guess in friendlys.

Stoke looked more a prem outfit than us, that's what shows up when your not playing your proper team and they were wasn't they lol also there pre season is all but done and they are in there full swing almost right?

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Twitter/Facebook is mainly kids finding a new freedom, it’s 80% knee-jerk loud mouths with short sighted and immature judgement. That’s why I don’t even enter the conversation on those platforms and enjoy these forums. Every club has them, all the silly tribal stuff such as the Leeds and recent Arsenal sniping is stoked up by these boneheads, it’s embarrassing to read.

No you shut up!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

She's deleted the tweet since then.

Her twitter Bio is "loves football and booze". She was clearly drinking petrol before that statement. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

She's deleted the tweet since then.

Her twitter Bio is "loves football and booze". She was clearly drinking petrol before that statement. 

You should see some of the comments on Wesley…

Some proper dumb shits… 🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He actually went to Drayton Manor? 

Is Shockwave still there? Haven't been for a very long time.

Martinez probably taking his kid to Thomas land and showing the Buendia's the area. Think he's posted a photo of them there before. It's a great place for a little one. He's posted a lot of photos of places around the Midlands he's taken his family. Really clear he loves the area and loving life at the moment.  Buendia going to catch the bug shortly too :).

Edited by MrBlack

45 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Martinez probably taking his kid to Thomas land and showing the Buendia's the area. Think he's posted a photo of them there before. It's a great place for a little one. He's posted a lot of photos of places around the Midlands he's taken his family. Really clear he loves the area and loving life at the moment.  Buendia going to catch the bug shortly too :).

I went there a couple of weeks ago, I have three boys all under ten and they loved it.

22 hours ago, thunderball said:

Twitter/Facebook is mainly kids finding a new freedom, it’s 80% knee-jerk loud mouths with short sighted and immature judgement. That’s why I don’t even enter the conversation on those platforms and enjoy these forums. Every club has them, all the silly tribal stuff such as the Leeds and recent Arsenal sniping is stoked up by these boneheads, it’s embarrassing to read.

This part is true but it's quite often an older crowd with the same attributes, particularly on Facebook - the demographics have shifted a lot and kids don't use Facebook that often.

Â