Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Playing as a 10 in preparation for Bailey arriving?

I know it's a friendly but Buendia looked a little lost out there; initially I thought Buendia could play as a 10.

Norwich fans have said he isn't great in the 10 role

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Neither him or Grealish work well as a 10.

Now I don't even see the obsession with playing with a 10.

I want us to play like Liverpool with one holding DM and 2 hard working, pressing box to box midfielders.

Buendia, Grealish and Watkins should be more than enough firepower to get your goals.

You want the opposite of whatever we do.

51 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Playing as a 10 in preparation for Bailey arriving?

I know it's a friendly but Buendia looked a little lost out there; initially I thought Buendia could play as a 10.

Yeah he looked better on the right. 

I'd prefer Jack in the 10 this year.

• Like 1

Later in the season once he's settled in and in to his groove rather than trying to impress he gives the ball back to el ghazi and we score rather than him taking it on himself

Was the highlight of a poor game that he should have made even better

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You want the opposite of whatever we do.

He's on a run of having a point though. Grealish for me is so much better on the left, and according to today and Norwich fans Buendia is better on the right. As we were so heavily linked to esr, it suggests maybe Smith thinks so too.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I want us to play like Liverpool with one holding DM and 2 hard working, pressing box to box midfielders.

Buendia, Grealish and Watkins should be more than enough firepower to get your goals.

I like this idea. Take it to anybody with right 3 behind them.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

What about Sanson? Don’t forget him, I think he could play as a 10

• Like 1

I was very impressed by Buendia again today, he’s such a natural footballer, it’s going to be fun having him and Grealish in the same team. Watkins will be having a field with those 2 providing chances for him

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about Sanson? Don’t forget him, I think he could play as a 10

I don't want us to play with a 10. Really don't get the obsession.

It leaves our midfield so exposed.

I guess I just don't like 4-2-3-1. I'm more of a 4-3-3 man. Like Liverpool plays

21 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He's on a run of having a point though. Grealish for me is so much better on the left, and according to today and Norwich fans Buendia is better on the right. As we were so heavily linked to esr, it suggests maybe Smith thinks so too.

He's a contrarian wind-up. He'll have said most of last season he wanted 4-2-3-1 whenever Smith played 4-3-3.

I personally would like Jack in the middle, closer to Buendia with a real flying winger out on the left. Jack will make any position work and be the best player on the pitch. If we go 4-3-3, I'd have no problem with him back in midfield with Buendia and (hopefully) McNeil/Bailey on the left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't want us to play with a 10. Really don't get the obsession.

It leaves our midfield so exposed.

I guess I just don't like 4-2-3-1. I'm more of a 4-3-3 man. Like Liverpool plays

Where does that leave Sanson? I like both formations, it is important to be flexible in today’s game. We need options in the squad, we are slowly assembling a squad of real Premier League quality after a decade of mismanagement at all levels of the club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where does that leave Sanson? I like both formations, it is important to be flexible in today’s game. We need options in the squad, we are slowly assembling a squad of real Premier League quality after a decade of mismanagement at all levels of the club

Sanson has fantastic pressing stats so I always assumed he was an 8?

Â