Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I remember Buendia being my top target last summer after Norwich were relegated, ahead of Benrahma. I can't believe we actually got him after Norwich came back up and he just had his best season ever. Can't remember the last time we signed my dream signing.

I was the same RE: Buendia. In terms of wish list, the first time we signed Ashley Young comes to mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I was like that with Habib Beye :wub:

Speaking of, I was randomly watching some video about how Hatem Ben Arfa and Samir Nasri fell off, and I kept seeing this one guy celebrating with Nasri in the clips and I'm thinking no way that's our Habib Beye. Here I thought we signed him from some random 2nd division team instead of Marseille, but now it makes sense why MON gave him such high wages.

Actually, it's even worse than that, we signed him from Newcastle!

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Speaking of, I was randomly watching some video about how Hatem Ben Arfa and Samir Nasri fell off, and I kept seeing this one guy celebrating with Nasri in the clips and I'm thinking no way that's our Habib Beye. Here I thought we signed him from some random 2nd division team instead of Marseille, but now it makes sense why MON gave him such high wages.

Actually, it's even worse than that, we signed him from Newcastle!

He won the InterToto cup with them, played in the final against Deportivo in the same team as Franck Ribery and the ex-Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi. 

Fair to say Franck's career and his parted ways after that...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

I was the same RE: Buendia. In terms of wish list, the first time we signed Ashley Young comes to mind. 

Interesting. I remember most people losing their shit at paying £9.65m or whatever weird figure it was for Young at the time. 

I thought he was outstanding in the friendly against Walsall, 2 assists for Watkins on his debut. I can’t wait to see how those 2 link up in the Premier League, it should be fun. I also noticed in the Walsall friendly how well he protected Matty Cash defensively, Buendia’s workrate was outstanding, although it was only a friendly. The weight of his passes is amazing to watch, I hadn’t realised how good he actually was. When we bought him, I thought £33m was a bit excessive but after watching the Walsall friendly, I think it could prove to be a snip

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I remember Buendia being my top target last summer after Norwich were relegated, ahead of Benrahma. I can't believe we actually got him after Norwich came back up and he just had his best season ever. Can't remember the last time we signed my dream signing.

Well Done Clapping GIF

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm very interested to see where he plays this season. Does Deano see him as our new right winger? Will he play as a 10? Or maybe even one of the 8's in a 4-3-3? 

Listening to Villa View podcast the guy said he had free role in middle dropping deep a lot almost like Paul Scholes #8 role. Wouldn't say no to that. Maybe 433 to start Nakamba 6 the two 8s McGinn and Buendia and Grealish Watkins and perhaps a new attacker or Traore if fit enough after surgery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was outstanding in the friendly against Walsall, 2 assists for Watkins on his debut. I can’t wait to see how those 2 link up in the Premier League, it should be fun. I also noticed in the Walsall friendly how well he protected Matty Cash defensively, Buendia’s workrate was outstanding, although it was only a friendly. The weight of his passes is amazing to watch, I hadn’t realised how good he actually was. When we bought him, I thought £33m was a bit excessive but after watching the Walsall friendly, I think it could prove to be a snip

I think £33m seems eye watering to us normal people who will never see that kind of money, but I think it’s become the going rate for good players who have played in England and are the right age. If he does really well with us he’ll be worth £60m+ next summer (not that we’ll be selling hopefully!!). The money is mad in the PL, and even with the pandemic the numbers seem to keep increasing! 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think £33m seems eye watering to us normal people who will never see that kind of money, but I think it’s become the going rate for good players who have played in England and are the right age. If he does really well with us he’ll be worth £60m+ next summer (not that we’ll be selling hopefully!!). The money is mad in the PL, and even with the pandemic the numbers seem to keep increasing! 

£33 million is nothing when you look what was paid for Maguire VVD or even White and Sancho recently. Championship has progressed so much just before we got relegated that the top players that sign for better teams in PL are actually undervalued.

Fantasy sport maxim is that if you sign players that increase in value that's great but meaningless if you never intend to sell them

Â