Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

52 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

His two assists last night were passes which not even Jack Grealish would attempt. Would be great to have them both in the same team creating in different ways. 

good point. those 2 goals wouldn't have happened with jack instead of emi...jack loves the ball at his feet, and we love to see it. but that eye for a pass is something arguably jack doesn't have to the same level. watching those two interchange is going to be wonderful this season.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

good point. those 2 goals wouldn't have happened with jack instead of emi...jack loves the ball at his feet, and we love to see it. but that eye for a pass is something arguably jack doesn't have to the same level. watching those two interchange is going to be wonderful this season.

100%. It also allows us to be even faster on the counter: as we now have someone who can hit twenty or thirty yard penetrating passes, rather than ball carriers. If we get Bailey, we will be terrifying to face

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

I want him to do really well (I think he will excel) in our fluid attacking style of play, really push De Paul stats wise and force his way into the National team. He’s a brilliant little player, Carbone on steroids, a squeaky voiced Merson, love him already and want his path to go the same as others that have joined our club recently in getting national team recognition, such as Watkins, Mings, Emi 1, and of course the soon to be capped Targett, Cash and Konsa. 

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

I want him to do really well (I think he will excel) in our fluid attacking style of play, really push De Paul stats wise and force his way into the National team. He’s a brilliant little player, Carbone on steroids, a squeaky voiced Merson, love him already and want his path to go the same as others that have joined our club recently in getting national team recognition, such as Watkins, Mings, Emi 1, and of course the soon to be capped Targett, Cash and Konsa. 

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

• Like 1

I think the link up with Cash as well will come in time. It was a bit off last night but +ve signs a plenty. 

Those through balls though, right and left foot as well...

homer drool GIF

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

100%. It also allows us to be even faster on the counter: as we now have someone who can hit twenty or thirty yard penetrating passes, rather than ball carriers. If we get Bailey, we will be terrifying to face

This is it. Teams that like the high press risk Emi picking the perfect pass through to Ollie while they are stretched, those that sit deep have Jack and maybe  Bailey running with the ball straight at their defence from either flank. 

Think we’ll score so many goals this season in the 7-10 seconds of transition after turning the ball over in midfield. Sanson, Luiz, McGinn and whoever else battles for the two holding roles will need to be really up for the fight. 

Clinical aggression is the style I see us evolving towards, with Emi playing a big part from the middle. 

• Like 1

Â