Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

£33 million is nothing when you look what was paid for Maguire VVD or even White and Sancho recently. Championship has progressed so much just before we got relegated that the top players that sign for better teams in PL are actually undervalued.

Fantasy sport maxim is that if you sign players that increase in value that's great but meaningless if you never intend to sell them

The potential profit would be meaningless if we never intend to sell, but perceived market value is a good indicator of how much a player has improved. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Is no. 20 his official squad number or just a pre-season thing? 

Official I think. He was 17 at Norwich. Probably asked for it. Players have lucky numbers sometimes

Edit: Just checked if he was born on 20th. No born on 25th December. He's a Christmas miracle!

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm very interested to see where he plays this season. Does Deano see him as our new right winger? Will he play as a 10? Or maybe even one of the 8's in a 4-3-3? 

Played on the right for Norwich i believe.

Would be foolish to move him away from a position where he is absolutely brilliant.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Played on the right for Norwich i believe.

Would be foolish to move him away from a position where he is absolutely brilliant.

I've seen lots of Norwich fans saying the same. He was never quite as good playing centrally, said it stifled him a bit. Better coming in off the left and drifting into space. Seems he's also really good defensively and covers the fullback really well. 

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

I've seen lots of Norwich fans saying the same. He was never quite as good playing centrally, said it stifled him a bit. Better coming in off the left and drifting into space. Seems he's also really good defensively and covers the fullback really well. 

Sounds really similar to Jack.

I know some people want to see him more centrally but he never really been as effective there.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sounds really similar to Jack.

I know some people want to see him more centrally but he never really been as effective there.

Agreed. It reminds me of when Young tried to play 10 in his final season. I really didn't rate Young there at all. I think something about Grealish is lost in the centre too. He obviously likes to drift centrally, but he should play on the left.

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Official I think. He was 17 at Norwich. Probably asked for it. Players have lucky numbers sometimes

Edit: Just checked if he was born on 20th. No born on 25th December. He's a Christmas miracle!

And his last name means Good Morning… he’s just perfect!

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just checked if he was born on 20th. No born on 25th December. He's a Christmas miracle!

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

And his last name means Good Morning… he’s just perfect!

I knew there was something wholesome about him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Bom Dia is good morning. Buen Dia is good day ;)

Bom dia is Portuguese. Buen dia is good day in Spanish though. Buenos dias is good morning. 

Edit: I have no clue what I'm talking about. Could be both. I don't think the Spanish even say an equivalent for good day.

...whatever. he's good, he's ours and he seems a very nice chap.

Edited by MrBlack

My friend who is a Norwich City season ticket holder is absolutely gutted he is gone. She said he's the best player she has ever seen play for them and makes a bold claim he is better than Jack! 

I'm not sure on that but I'm very excited to see him and Jack on the same pitch as each other 

33 minutes ago, Hiney said:

My friend who is a Norwich City season ticket holder is absolutely gutted he is gone. She said he's the best player she has ever seen play for them and makes a bold claim he is better than Jack! 

I'm not sure on that but I'm very excited to see him and Jack on the same pitch as each other 

I've seen that claimed a lot. I'd scoff at it, but seeing as he's our player now I almost hope it's true. Can you imagine? We'll be unstoppable.

34 minutes ago, Hiney said:

Just now, Greenfly said:

I've seen that claimed a lot. I'd scoff at it, but seeing as he's our player now I almost hope it's true. Can you imagine? We'll be unstoppable.

tbh i think they are just different types of players.

Grealish is clearly an elite ball carrier with excellent technical ability and good passing ability, where as Buneida has excellent technical ability also and is a good ball carrier, but his "elite" skill seems to be the ability to thread through balls through the eye of a needle.

tbh, i dont really care, the fact we have both Grealish & Buendia in the same team is just....magical!, can you imagine this just 2 years ago???, what a time to be a Villa fan tbh.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hiney said:

I would love for him to be better than Grealish.

This would only benefit Villa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I would love for him to be better than Grealish.

This would only benefit Villa

Interesting new angle for the new season from you.

All the best with your winding up.

• Like 2

I watched the Walsall friendly on VillaTv, I thought that Buendia was outstanding, the weight of his through balls are a joy to watch. He’s such a natural footballer but what impressed me most about him was his willingness to track back and help Cash out, Traore wasn’t quite so good at this last season. When we bought Buendia, I thought we had overpaid but after watching that Walsall friendly, he has proven me wrong already. Let’s hope he can keep his pre-season up!

• Like 2

Â