Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s an insane statistic, only the second time we’ve ever scored more than one goal here in a league game .

I think we've "only" played at their ground about 15 times in the top flight so not as bad as it might sound.

Before the premier league Palace spent most of their time in the lower leagues.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

This idea that he can play poorly and be excused for it because he’s unpredictable and a bit maverick is wearing very thin. He needs replacing. 

I'm not arguing that we can't do better, and I'd like to see a more consistent winger come in for sure. But he's the best we have right now 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Good half that.

We've been the better side for thirty minutes with fifteen slightly dodgy ones, but when we've been good, we've been very good and we look like we've got goals in us.

More of the same please.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Ramsey has been close with a few balls across the goal but they were just a bit too far ahead of him. It'll come.

He was flat footed for a couple of those though. I badly want to be impressed by him but the game's just pass him by. 

The good and bad of villa in a single half. Some of our passing and movement in the first and last 15 minutes was fantastic. Ollie was a real handful. We actually posed a threat from some corners for once. 
Midfield has again been an issue. We are woeful without the ball. Terrible at anticipating/winning second balls at the edge of both boxes. The goal should have been cleared about three times. McGinn then gave the ball away whilst trying to ass his way out of trouble. Just poor.

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

You've gotta love Elmo man. According to WhoScored he's had the most touches for us this half, with the nearest to him being a massive 24 off. Strolls in as back up right back and has everything go through him. Creative fulcrum. The king.

Experience and nous. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim said:

This. Boggles my mind, and the only counter is “hE oNlY ScoRes GOalZ”.

Still only 26, got called up to Netherlands, came here cheap.... and we want to sell him?🙄

• Thanks 1