Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think we've "only" played at their ground about 15 times in the top flight so not as bad as it might sound.

Before the premier league Palace spent most of their time in the lower leagues.

I think it covers all time not just a premier league stat

Weak point is the right hand side. Elmo in attack I stead of cross it gives it to traore = wasted possession and they get the ball on the attack and elmo out of position.

Traore is again showing the worst part of his game. If the ball isn't within 1 foot of him he doesn't try, won't put in any effort to get it. Won't pass it unless absolutely forced to and even the won't half the time.

Imagine if he just released the ball quickly, even just 25% of the time. Imagine if he actually tried to chase a 50/50. We've played some good football and deserved to be at least 2 up but we are being held back by the right hand side. 

Hause has been a tower at the back winning all but bentekes goal. Good to see when the ball just needs clearing he clears it properly.

And we also look semi dangerous at corners now we have someone who can head the ball in the team.

Well played by most of the team so far.

Need to keep up the intensity which Ramsey affords us by having energy in the middle of the pitch.

Doesn't seem to do a great deal but it's part of the press, energy and the will to chase things down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Still only 26, got called up to Netherlands, came here cheap.... and we want to sell him?🙄

Absolute best time to sell him, at his peak value right now - imo. 

• Confused 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

Haven't seen it but I think criticising Hause does Palace a disservice, it was a great ball and jump 

He didn't criticise him tbf. But he did say something like "At first I thought Mings would have done better but I don't think even he would have been able to win this."

• Thanks 1

I’m terms of enjoyment, that half was night and day to the Everton game. Some great link up play from Villa so far. Targett, Hause, Elmo, El Ghazi have been very good. 

Ramsey is a neat and tidy player, I’m still waiting to see him take a game by storm though. I’d be tempted to ring Grealish on for Ramsey and keep El Ghazi on the left.

• Like 2

I officially withdraw my comments on giving the youngsters a few minutes before the end of the season. If The way Ramsey is getting shat on is what we can expect for the other youfs then they'll be better off in the reserves.

He keeps getting into goal scoring positions and once he gets that first goal he'll fly. 

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

What he say?

Just now, juanpablosaliceband said:

Redknapp is hilarious. Souness spends two minutes explaining how a deflection took McGinn’s goal into the corner. Next sentence from redknapp; “it’s a great finish placing it in the corner”!

He spent 2 minutes telling us what the replays didn't show "not this angle, not this one,  not this one either... ah yeah, this one shows it took a defllection. Couldn't possibly say anything about what else was happening, or the fact that McGinn placing it (instead of hammering it) means that a deflection gives it a chance of going in, rather than going over. 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We really need to learn how to lead games, that surely has to be our next evolution. 

We did it very well until start of this year. We never lost after we'd taken the lead. Hasn't been the same since then.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I officially withdraw my comments on giving the youngsters a few minutes before the end of the season. If The way Ramsey is getting shat on is what we can expect for the other youfs then they'll be better off in the reserves.

He keeps getting into goal scoring positions and once he gets that first goal he'll fly. 

I don't think he's being shat on. Well I might have missed it. 

I'm just waiting to see what he's about. The good thing is, we're in a such a strong position we don't have to panic if these kids don't hit the ground running right away. We can be patient with their development. 

• Like 1