Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But if you say we need bigger, stronger players, who are better in the air, especially in midfield. People say you are stuck in the past... Luiz one of the the best modern DMs in the League etc.

While watching our midfield get easily outmuscled and beat in aerial duels week win, week.out.

I'm not quite sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

I hope you don't actually think Luiz is one of the best dms in the league, as he isn't the best dm in our squad.

• Haha 1

Just now, WooJung said:

Let's have some fun with sub predictions...

I predict Barkley for Sanson at the 65th minute, Ghazi for Trez at the 74th and Davies for Luiz at the 83rd 😂

Could well be spot on! 
Spurs to get their second in the 64th

It all comes down to the midfield. We move the ball and it always goes sideways or backwards. Sideways to a winger that can’t provide a decent cross. Rinse and repeat. Jack runs at people just like mora just did to us and it opens spaces which leads to goals. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Definitely, at least Traore has done SOME good things, and CAN produce flashes of quality to unlock things.

Trez legit looks like a competetion winner at times. As much as I love him.

This is probably fair, the bloke is all too often a liability in our third third though, I'd just leave him up for corners tbh, give us a counter attacking threat and keep him the **** away from our goal.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I have to disagree with you. He's improving himself and he is limited by the squad. Next season is when we have to have other ways of playing instead of give to Jack and hope.

Sorry but i dont agree mate. This is his squad now.  Most of the team is players he signed therefore id jacks injured he should get the team playing and being able to compete.

But we have been utterly embarrassing going forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I personally thought Mings made the wrong decision sliding in on the player crossing it. It left two completely unmarked. 

He’s sliding in to block a potential shot

thats the problem, he’s left exposed, if he doesn’t go out to moura and try to block the shot then cash isn’t getting there and moura plants that in the far corner, if he goes over moura can pick his pass in the middle

and if moura did put it in the bottom corner it would be mings fault for not closing him down...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Thought he was still in his  pyjamas

It is funny, today’s fashion is what I would’ve got beaten up and laughed at if I wore in my school days.  I cringed further when I saw the white socks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

Let's have some fun with sub predictions...

I predict Barkley for Sanson at the 65th minute, Ghazi for Trez at the 74th and Davies for Luiz at the 83rd 😂

Too early ang Ghazi for Trex will be first.