Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

It’s not often I’ve said this, I’d put Barkley on. Our balls into the box are dire, we seem completely incapable of finding even a single decent cross. Doesn’t matter if it’s a corner, free kick, or open play........we just have no quality being put in. And this is not an isolated game where that’s been the case. I think we need to go through the middle, go narrower with more bodies. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't know how. Seriously watch it again, Konza is no where near Moura when he plays the ball square. 

I don’t need to, I don’t agree. I could just as easily keep telling you to watch it again but I’m not, that is football people see things differently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No. Sick of this accusation.

I’ve not blamed Mings, I’ve commented on other players part in it as well but once again there is a refusal to look at Mings.

He goes to the near post when Martinez and Konsa are already there and leaves the middle of the goal empty and them with a tap in. How anyone can argue that isn’t an error (one of at least three) in that goal is beyond me.

I’m done.

He goes to the danger, to the place where he's got most chance of defending it - and he almost gets there to make the block in fairness to him - he's done a great job of trying to cover for Konsa who wasn't switched on at all and made two different errors in the goal - he's got to go to the ball, that's the danger, if he doesn't Moura shoots and scores. The men behind him should be being picked up by McGinn and Luiz, neither of whom had made any effort to get back into the box.

I think the start of things is when Vinicius got into Konsa a few minutes before, he'd gotten into his head which is really unusual for Ezri and he's then got out of position and got beaten - twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thunderball said:

If we are offered £20m for McGinn this summer we should sell, put it towards a a tall, cultured midfield general.

the last past is what we struggle with. too many duff midfielders signed. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I don’t need to, I don’t agree. I could just as easily keep telling you to watch it again but I’m not, that is football people see things differently.

I get seeing things differently but you can't see a player 10 yards further forward than he was. Konza is no where near. I just went and watched it again to double check. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

It might be worth watching again in fairness!

• Like 1