Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Unable to create anything, we might as well change the formation because it’s just clearly not working.

Another game we look like we’ll lose against a team there for the taking, lost track of how many times I could say that this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Some of you need to re-evaluate your relationship with football, you'll end up leading happier lives.

Quite true actually, I used to absolutely hate going to Villa Park when Lamebert was in charge, so I stopped. Only been back once since.

Perspective guys. We're almost certainly safe, which is a good job considering our recent form. I think that covid break has killed us.

Add that to the fact we're still only 18 months away from a squad that had total crap in it, I'm pretty happy overall. Just goes to show you how much work there still is to do on the squad. Some of these players simply aren't premier league quality. But they're all DS has to work with. We all agreed last season the money we spent was spread too far.

This is like groundhog day...we could play all night and not score!

The problem now is that the players seem to realise it, shoulders have slumped!

Traore is performing like a diva and Tres is simply not good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

Big question will smith change it at half time

I'm gonna say no he wont

Of course he won't, he never does. We have seen 45 minutes produce sod all but he will give it another 25 just to make certain.

I would stick Davis on the work their defence a bit harder.

Not great again is it, goalie mistake and some god awful crossing again. At least when Targett takes a free kick it almost creates something. Jack's watching in his pyjamas, we need him back and we need him back yesterday. He brings the best out of the rest of them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m a huge Smith fan but his record playing without Grealish should concern everybody. 

Oh, and what I’d do for a decent winger. We haven’t had a good one in years. 

If we had two wingers with the work rate of Watkins we'd be close to the top 4 this season. Hopefully we can see two decent ones in next season. 

• Like 2

We started well without really creating anything. Spurs looked scared and apprehensive but we **** it up by giving them a goal.

Smith needs to change things at half time. Either Trez or Sanson need to come off and Barkley on. We need more creativity and MUCH better link up with Watkins.

We can’t just keep on pissing away points that are there for the taking.