Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Shocking goal to give away but going forward we are clueless. 

Get El Ghazi on, least he'll have about 10 shots second half and now and again 1 flys in. 

Other option is to put Watkins out wide and replace Traore or Trez, both of whom have done nothing, and put Davis up top. Yes, he can't score, but he can hold up the ball and will allow runners in behind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcdedi said:

Smith deserves major criticism for this. A tired Spurs side bereft of confidence this has been utterly woeful.

Sanson is absolutely garbage. Get Trez off too

Thought Sanson has looked Ok 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Back to villa concede a goal

"wheres mings? What's he doing?" 

You're looking for the chance to criticise him, that goal is a martinez mistake after konsa was beat too easy 

Again struggling to understand the first two lines. And no I’m not, Konsa makes a mistake, Martinez compounds it and then Mings charges about and is out of position. But people won’t criticism him, he is immune to criticism.

All three **** up but only two will be mentioned by most.

I think this game kinda highlights that the bones of this team is good. We just need better attacking players to sprinkle a bit of creativity in the mix. Traore, Trez, Barkley and AEG just don't cut it consistently enough. 2-3 players needed in this department in the summer if we plan to kick on. Can't be so dependent on Jack all the time. 

• Like 1

Vinicius roughed Konsa up a bit and knocked him out of his stride, for me the goal comes a little from that.

We've been slightly the better side in general play, but it all ends once we get to the business end - we're less threatening than the Andrex puppy.

We've only scored twice in one of our last twelve games and only once in the last eight halves of football we've played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

Trez literally does everything wrong. I can’t get my head around it how he manages it

Him charging into the press makes me laugh...just makes him piss easy to play around.