Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

As a team we are dreadful in the air.  You have to wonder if the players don't realise it though as they so often head it when they don't need to, which almost always ends up with us losing possession.

Take it down, control it, keep possession.  Don't just hand it straight back!!!

But if you say we need bigger, stronger players, who are better in the air, especially in midfield. People say you are stuck in the past... Luiz one of the the best modern DMs in the League etc.

While watching our midfield get easily outmuscled and beat in aerial duels week win, week.out.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Feels like another massive missed opportunity game again.

I think we've done o.k. Emi clears into the stands as he should and it's 0-0 with us having the better of things.

Just feels to me the players just don't believe we can win without Jack and really unless we shake off that feeling we'll never be a top 6 team again in this league.

Trez been as bad in this type of game as I thought he would be. Usual lovely touches from Traore but simply not enough end product.

Can't we have Targett on all the set pieces. Criminal how many corners we waste every game with rubbish crosses, Moura wit his two showed how you should take them.

Would get on AEG and Barkley early. They have their flaws but feels with the space we're getting in final third it's the sort of game where both could do something.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

Well that's kind of my point. I like him but he's not a player who creates loads of chances. 

I just think he’s rubbish tbh mate. Every now and again does a nice bit of skill but for the most part, he’s garbage. (Which is annoying). 

Losing to ten men against the worst in the league

Losing to Burnley 

Drawing with wolves Newcastle and Brighton with 1 goal goal in those 3

Thats relegation stats right there.

Smiths under performing and showing he isnt a veey good coach without grealish. Has no backup plan

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

We're still doing the 'Mings can't be criticised' shite are we?

Truly laughable.

There’s been 7-8 worse players today, and two Konsa and Martinez were both more at fault for the goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's just nothing without him though mate.  Coaching is all based around Jack, Smith seems to have no ideas how to change it. No shots on target and 1-0 down, you know its all over already. Not trying to be out of order, but its poor.

Our other two creative players have been poor though.  Barkley started well then dropped off a cliff early and Traore has some quality touches, scored a few goals but is ineffective most of the time, creates nothing for others and is a bit lazy for this level.  They have meant to be the spark other than Jack and haven’t, we don’t have other creative players, something to resolve in the summer.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we might have some money to spend. 

Best season in a decade and we've got people talking about being relegated NEXT season. 

**** hell lads. Why bother? Go and do something you enjoy. 

On the plus side, if going from a mid table championship team to a top 10 PL team is all down to Jack as some would have you believe, Jack must be worth about £300m 

Their defence is so shite even Davis might be able to get a chance tonight. Move Watkins wide left, put Davis on up front and put Barkley on for Sanson in the hope he can get on the end of a Davis knock-down/lay-off. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Losing to ten men against the worst in the league

Losing to Burnley 

Drawing with wolves Newcastle and Brighton with 1 goal goal in those 3

Thats relegation stats right there.

Smiths under performing and showing he isnt a veey good coach without grealish. Has no backup plan

Well he's not getting sacked so crying isn't going to do anything. Better just lift that chin up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Unfortunately, as talented as he is, I think Traore has a fairly weak mentality.

The worry is one flash off brilliance in say an hors football hides all other shortcoming.

It sounds mad - but thats what £15m gets you. We have enough people to pad out the squad - next season we need people who can make an impact at first team level - not just go through the motions. 3 top notch seasoned performers please. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

We're still doing the 'Mings can't be criticised' shite are we?

Truly laughable.

Of all the people to criticise, he’d be fairly low down this evening. 

Luiz, Trezeguet and Traore have been woeful (a running theme). 

• Like 2