Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Let's have some fun with sub predictions...

I predict Barkley for Sanson at the 65th minute, Ghazi for Trez at the 74th and Davies for Luiz at the 83rd 😂

Wesley for Martinez in the 69th.

Or something of that like. 

Season is done, it's justa case of squeezing in top balf or not. Based on 2022, I'd say we'll end abiut 12th-14th.

So, with that in mind, start planning for the future. Get Ramsey on even though he's not strong enough - still better than wasting minutes on Barkley. No more Trez, El Ghazi or possibly even Traore unless as a sub - two of them aren't good enough and Traore is good for maybe 5% of a game. Pack out the midfield and forget width as it's crap anyway and we can't cross.

Really fallen flat and disappointing end to the season vindicating the early promise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I'm not quite sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

I hope you don't actually think Luiz is one of the best dms in the league, as he isn't the best dm in our squad.

Obviously agreeing mate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but i dont agree mate. This is his squad now.  Most of the team is players he signed therefore id jacks injured he should get the team playing and being able to compete.

But we have been utterly embarrassing going forward. 

Fair enough but I believe he will address the lack of pace and workrate from our wingers. Jack is a freak player.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing to ten men against the worst in the league

Losing to Burnley 

Drawing with wolves Newcastle and Brighton with 1 goal goal in those 3

Thats relegation stats right there.

Smiths under performing and showing he isnt a veey good coach without grealish. Has no backup plan

You’re loving this aren’t you ? Name his replacement.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but i dont agree mate. This is his squad now.  Most of the team is players he signed therefore id jacks injured he should get the team playing and being able to compete.

But we have been utterly embarrassing going forward. 

It’s his team to get us promoted, then stay up, then climb the table, then hopefully get Europe and do something

hes done 3 of the steps

he won’t do all 4 with the same players...we’re currently looking at a team built to stay up flirting with Europe, it’s not good enough

but hopefully after the summer it will be, continuous growth requires new players, too many of these will be left behind 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lots of OTT reactions on here. If Emi clears the ball into touch like he should have this probably finishes 0-0 at HT with us being the better side (albeit without really threatening the Spurs goal). The goal has knocked the stuffing out of us clearly.

Obviously we miss Jack, but no team wouldn't. I'd rather be in our position in the league safe and sound losing today than where we were last season.

We're improving, regardless of tonight's performance. Let's get behind the boys. 💜💙

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trez off, El Ghazi on.

OR

Davis on and go two up top or.place Ollie wide. He seems to have to be out there to get a sniff anyway.

Both.

Trez off for El Ghazi and bring Sanson off for Davis and go two up top.

• Thanks 1