Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

If we had two wingers with the work rate of Watkins we'd be close to the top 4 this season. Hopefully we can see two decent ones in next season. 

Not just work rate, it's pace.

Jack gets away with it because he's such a good dribbler, but as I've been saying for years now (since Gabby at his best) we've got nobody that can frighten teams with raw speed.

Spurs goal, Moura gets there ahead of Cash because of speed and then they're in.  We just can't do that.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

How anyone blames Mings for that goal is beyond me. He had to go over to Moura, Cash wasn't getting there.

Yep, surely it's all down to Martinez? He clears it into the stands, problem solved.

I actually thought Moura was going to shot as soon as he got the ball given Emi was still out of penalty box so in that situation Mings has to step out to try to block. He's had a good first half.

• Like 3

Just now, Villarocker said:

Their defence is so shite even Davis might be able to get a chance tonight. Move Watkins wide left, put Davis on up front and put Barkley on for Sanson in the hope he can get on the end of a Davis knock-down/lay-off. 

sounds good to me,

The pattern continues...

No quality in attack at all.

Dreadful decision making.

Trezeguet is weak.

We cannot string more than two passes together.

Slow, predictable and always vulnerable when the play breaks down.

If there's one thing you can guarantee from any Aston Villa side in recent years it is that they will gift the team in poor form at least one goal.

We look shit and have done for weeks.

One win in eight, if this stays the same which is relegation form, so it's a good job we got those early points.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Just saw their goal again. What was Mcginn doing watching Kane (best striker in the world) in days of space. Then two men free on the back post is very poor.

I personally thought Mings made the wrong decision sliding in on the player crossing it. It left two completely unmarked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing to ten men against the worst in the league

Losing to Burnley 

Drawing with wolves Newcastle and Brighton with 1 goal goal in those 3

Thats relegation stats right there.

Smiths under performing and showing he isnt a veey good coach without grealish. Has no backup plan

I agree with the back up plan unfortunately

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We're still doing the 'Mings can't be criticised' shite are we?

Truly laughable.

Goal was not entirely his fault but he should never have attacked Moura for their goal. No way he was going to beat Emi at the near post. Left 2 players free in the box.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing to ten men against the worst in the league

Losing to Burnley 

Drawing with wolves Newcastle and Brighton with 1 goal goal in those 3

Thats relegation stats right there.

Smiths under performing and showing he isnt a veey good coach without grealish. Has no backup plan

I have to disagree with you. He's improving himself and he is limited by the squad. Next season is when we have to have other ways of playing instead of give to Jack and hope.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I want El Ghazi on but I can't decide which of Traore and Trezeguet has been the most woeful. 

For me, it has to be Trez. As much as Bert does some really dodgy stuff, he does at least have the potential that something will come off. Just don’t feel that with Trez 

• Like 1