Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Refs against us, but we are nowhere near good enough. We don’t do come backs either, they will batten down the hatches like we did against Leeds.

Dean needs to be bold and change straight away, we have shown little to this point and have plenty on the bench to shake it up. I’d have Sanson and Barkley on for Ramsey and McGinn from k.o.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why would he cheer up.  He’s already over the moon that Villa are losing.

oh and Leeds play on Monday.

I believe there's a Villa fan, if not supporter, on the other end of that keyboard, but what do I know? Cognitive dissonance comes to mind, but I'd rather focus on the match!

Attitude problem first half. Felt we could just turn up and turn them over. Been an issue in a few games this season. Zero off the balm movement as well. Need a massive rocket up their arses as that is unacceptable, lazy. I'm fuming as we started well and looked good but got once the opposition upped their game we didn't. It's mental attitude that is the issue with this side.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's annoying me is, it seems like literally any sort of cohesion going forward here would see us already winning this game.

They are not good at all.

Define 'not good'. They are playing with passion and commitment, they've been first to every 50-50 ball. Player for player, our team may be 'better'. As a team, Sheffield are playing better than us, so far. 

• Like 1

Would be taking mcginn off at this rate for sansom or keep him on to draw a few yellows but then the energy of Ramsey is sacrificed.

Elmo not being switched on cost us that goal and traore not passing or being wasteful has cost us at the other end.

Middle needs firming up so something needs to change straight away not after 72 minutes.

Games crying out for Barkley and Sanson on at HT ... Get McGinn and Ramsey off ... We cannot leave that type of quality on the bench against the worst team in the division, nor wait 15/20 mins into the 2nd half ... A message need to be sent by Smith 

Obvious foul on Ollie not given.

We've been too pedestrian. McGinn too flat as Nakamba warmed into the game.

Everyone is making silly unforced errors.

Sheffield United are a turgid team, we are making it easy for them. We aren't playing the intensity we need.

Shocking goal to concede. Unacceptable at this level.

We've had good chances. Still much to play for. Good to have options on the bench still.