1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Change the record. People said that if we play well we would win. We haven't played well. Stop trying to point score. It's really tiring.

People said lots of things.

Among that being very disrespectful towards Sheffield United.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're being outthought by Wilder here - all over the pitch they've got people pressing in areas we don't like and then when they've got the ball they've got space wide all of the time.

We're not playing too badly, but we have to be perfect to make a chance because they've got players perfectly positioned to prevent us getting anything going. 

I'm not sure how we can change this.

I'd be surprised if we come back.

Good analysis. Agree with you.

At the moment Villa don’t appear to have a Plan B for these situations.

The only thing I could maybe think, is bring Hause on for McGinn and play 3 at the back with proper wing backs. Sanson (or Ross) on for Ramsey for a bit more bite in the middle.

We’ve never seen a switch like that from Smith before though.

• Like 1

We played pretty poorly, but still created some clear chances. There's definitely a way back into this for us. Any kind of improvement and we'll get at least a point.

Sanson for Nakamba at HT for me.

Completely different game now we're chasing it. Let McGinn sit in.

Probably a Barkley for Ramsey sub too but I'd leave that for 15 and get after them from the off.

Just now, useless said:

Feels like the kind of game that we're never going to score in, not creating nearly enough chances. Was surprised at the starting eleven, was okay for Leeds, but think we need something different for this game where we're expected to take game to the opposition. If we lose will be one of the worst results in a long time.

This 100% , totally the wrong starting line up against these

• Like 1
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

People said lots of things.

Among that being very disrespectful towards Sheffield United.

Cry me a river. This is a Villa forum, not a Sheffield United respect forum. Log off if it bothers you.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1
  • VT Supporter

I’d strongly consider both Sanson for Ramsey and/or Dougie for Nakamba. Both have lost the ball a lot (at least it feels like they have, don’t have the actual stats.) 

• Confused 1
Just now, mjmooney said:

Can I just remind people that there was almost unanimous approval for the starting lineup in the pre-match thread. 

Not from me, I didn't want Nakamba to start. Not the right game for him and it shows. 

Football should be about your next game much more than about your last game. 

I'm very much in the horses for courses camp. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

We've missed 2 sitters and should have had a stone wall pen

But other than those 3 goals we should have scored we've been dogshit, sub everyone... 

Wouldn't call them sitters.

McGinn one is a difficult angle. Same with Watkins one.

They are more half chances than clear cut ones.

To me we've just looked complacent since minute one. Thinking this would be a walk in the park, which never would be the case.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Define 'not good'. They are playing with passion and commitment, they've been first to every 50-50 ball. Player for player, our team may be 'better'. As a team, Sheffield are playing better than us, so far. 

What I mean is, they are not beating us with " quality ", they are beating us with everything you've described above.

If we played with the same impetus we should/could blow them away.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can I just remind people that there was almost unanimous approval for the starting lineup in the pre-match thread. 

And mostly everyone still agrees with the starting line up.

People are just saying that they’ve played badly and so it now needs to change.

• VT Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Am I the only one who thought we had played decent but unlucky to be behind. 

No, me too and a little surprised to see some of the reactions in here. If we’re patient I think we’ll get back in this game.

McGinn should've scored and Bertie almost scored a great goal. We’ve let in a bad one but not looked under threat apart from that? 

For 3 weeks Barkley has apparently been the root of all our problems. 45mins in and the game is crying out for him. 

Never change VT 🤣

• Like 1
  • limpid changed the title to Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa
  • limpid locked this topic