Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's annoying me is, it seems like literally any sort of cohesion going forward here would see us already winning this game.

They are not good at all.

We're bypassing the midfield three every time we get the ball. None of them are good enough in possession to take the ball on the turn and play it forwards. 

• Like 2

Performances like this one have been way too common over the past couple months. 

Don't take early chances, concede a shit goal then huff and puff for the rest of the game but ultimately do nothing. 

We aren't going to win this, our record in this situation gives me no belief we will. This is really poor against a side who have 11 pissing points. 

• Like 3

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Because we can't play through the midfield. We don't want to pass it Nakamba and McGinn isn't miles better on the ball either. Forced wide and long. Need a better CM on than this, these lot aren't Leeds.

Completely agree mate. For me playing nakamba and ramsey consistently is not the right way for us right now. Ramsey struggling bad today. 

Nakamba has been good tbf but i think you need eithe rluiz or barkley in there if your gonna play nakamba

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

What a terrible half from the ref team. 

Clear pen not given.

Fleck red not given.

Every 50/50 going SU's way! 

It was the obvious corner that annoyed me. And inevitably came moments before their goal.

• Like 2

I don’t get football sometimes. That tackle on Watkins when he ran through was awful. In a game where the slightest brush of a players shirt sleeve results in a free kick, how is it ok for a player to run across and body check our player with zero intention of playing the ball? 

Like, what are the officials doing? Why isn’t that being looked at? 

Really frustrating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fine margins, we've had chances but not taken them and they've scored courtesy of a wayward shot accidentally turning into an assist.

Still more than an opportunity for us to get back into this. For me Ramsey just isn't involved enough for a player in his position, wouldn't be surprised to see Barkley or Sanson come on for him and make a real difference.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just realised who this ref is. The plonker who took a goal off Burnley for no reason.

He's been absolutely dire.

How can he look at that challenge on Watkins and not see a foul? How can he not see Fleck go studs up on McGinn's ankle and not even see a foul.

As poor as we've been, this clearing in the woods has been worse.

The question is more; how did VAR not give that penalty? 

Ramsey needs to pulled. Not the end of the world for him, this is how it goes as a kid playing the pro game. We are getting a tonne of ball in the midfield but zero guile. Barkley on. Still think we could win this.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We're being outthought by Wilder here - all over the pitch they've got people pressing in areas we don't like and then when they've got the ball they've got space wide all of the time.

We're not playing too badly, but we have to be perfect to make a chance because they've got players perfectly positioned to prevent us getting anything going. 

I'm not sure how we can change this.

I'd be surprised if we come back.

Just need to take our chances and we will get back in it.