Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems we kind of just fling balls at Ollie, no weight or consideration. Just Chuck them at him and hope for the best ffs, then wonder why sometimes he can't control them.smh

We have done this year

Same with crosses...fore them in see what happens.

Would love to see actually play through the lines and give Watkins something to run on to...one touch....finish.

But then the quality in the middle is not very good at the moment 

Edited by Bazmonkey
Update

Just a massive drop off in quality without Jack. Without him we're quite ordinary. To be expected, we're not a bad team certainly and hopefully we can improve 2nd half.

Sanson for SJM, Barkley for Ramsey please.

Edited by Jonesy7211

Just now, The_Steve said:

Ramsey needs help - too isolated. He's got the energy to hurt them. We are playing it too far out wide and its been a real mix.

Just gave the ball away under very little pressure. Don't doubt he could be one for the future, but would rather he didn't start again this season. He's been anonymous against the worst team in the league. We have Luiz, Sanson and Barkley on the bench.

Rubbish. Can’t string a run of games together. Must change this at half time to get on the front foot and show something. Sanson or Barkley and Luiz for Ramsey and Nakamba (who has played well to be fair but need more guile)

Just realised who this ref is. The plonker who took a goal off Burnley for no reason.

He's been absolutely dire.

How can he look at that challenge on Watkins and not see a foul? How can he not see Fleck go studs up on McGinn's ankle and not even see a foul.

As poor as we've been, this clearing in the woods has been worse.

Just now, Herman22 said:

What a terrible half from the ref team. 

Clear pen not given.

Fleck red not given.

Every 50/50 going SU's way! 

I agree very poor. We should ha e had a free kick to ElGhazi too , just before they scored.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but not good enough for me. Ramsey has done nothing and mcginns been really poor

This for me. 

Those 2 off for barkley and Sanson. 

Job done. 

We're being outthought by Wilder here - all over the pitch they've got people pressing in areas we don't like and then when they've got the ball they've got space wide all of the time.

We're not playing too badly, but we have to be perfect to make a chance because they've got players perfectly positioned to prevent us getting anything going. 

I'm not sure how we can change this.

I'd be surprised if we come back.

• Like 4