Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, av1 said:

For 3 weeks Barkley has apparently been the root of all our problems. 45mins in and the game is crying out for him. 

Never change VT 🤣

We need Barkley in the AM role but also need a CM that can get the ball to him. Ramsey is isolated, until that changes Barkley wont help this.

On what basis are people ppl calling for Barkley to come on? Is it wishful thinking, or maybe based on hope? He’s been woeful for a number of games, culminating in his dropping to the bench. He isn’t the answer against a hard working Sheffield Utd. Our problem lays with a lackadaisical group of players who have approached this game as I feared, that being it’s a game they seem to think they should win. That said, we’ve still pretty much controlled the game without looking anywhere near good. Sheffield Utd lead through a miss hit shot that found its way to an unmarked McGoldrick, lord only knows what Elmo thought he was doing. We may have to look at bringing on Sanson for Ramsey for 2nd half, I think we give it 10mins of 2nd half before making changes. Our FBs haven’t been good thus far. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Cry me a river. This is a Villa forum, not a Sheffield United respect forum. Log off if it bothers you.

Switches is up subtly enough to get under the skin no matter the mood doesn't he.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

You do seem to only post when we lose.

Do you not blame the players even a little bit? Unless a bad performance by a player is always the managers fault?

You only look for my posts when we lose (BTW we haven't lost yet so you're looking for them a bit early) 

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Switches is up subtly enough to get under the skin no matter the mood doesn't he.

I wish people would stop putting 50p in the word removed machine tbh.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

For 3 weeks Barkley has apparently been the root of all our problems. 45mins in and the game is crying out for him. 

Never change VT 🤣

this is the worst team in the league we are playing though