Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

I don't understand VT posters at all. In one breath, some are calling our performance lazy and sloppy, and in the next calling for, the perpetually lazy/unfit and definitely uninterested saviour, Ross Barkley to grace us with his presence. What is he really going to bring to the game, except wearing out the centre circle with mindless jogging around?

I'd wanna see Sanson on for McGinn. He's not having a great game.

• Like 4

So many overreactions on here. 

I dont think we've been that bad. No way we should be losing. The goal they scored was very fortunate but poor by Elmo who is confirming he's not up to the required standard after this season (even as back up).

We've gone close 3 times, probably should have had a pen (or dangerous free-kick) and we've pressed pretty well but don't get me wrong pretty loose with the ball at times.

Not great, but this was never gonna be 0-4 or 0-5 and I really don't understand some of our fans thinking that?! 

Still hoping we can turn this around UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s been poor and yet again he has today got the midfield balance woefully wrong but it’s only half time, we can actually change it with our bench and they aren’t very good. Sanson and Barkley on at half time and let’s have a go.

We’ve missed two sitters and they’ve scored one out of thin air. The passing is a bit sloppy, Ramsey is struggling and the ref is an idiot. Not a lot going our way. It’s the kind of game where you keep thinking if only Jack were fit, we’d be laughing. 

Ball control poor, passing poor, at times..we need to do better than this.

back post vulnerability, once again.

come on guys.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

The question is more; how did VAR not give that penalty? 

Not a clear and obvious error, as in you could call it a shoulder challenge.

Think it should have been given personally, but it wasn’t clear and obvious.

SU will park the bus now and I can't see how we are going to break that down. 

This means we'll have more possession so I'd take off Nakamba for Sanson at HT. Give Ramsey amother 15 minutes and if nothing happens bring on Barkley.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That was dogshit from us, every time we have a win we follow it up with utter pathetic performance. We're a 10th place side. Everything about this team is mid table 

Agreed. Which is a huge improvement. We're still 3 or 4 quality players away from being able to challenge for Europe. 

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We're being outthought by Wilder here - all over the pitch they've got people pressing in areas we don't like and then when they've got the ball they've got space wide all of the time.

We're not playing too badly, but we have to be perfect to make a chance because they've got players perfectly positioned to prevent us getting anything going. 

I'm not sure how we can change this.

I'd be surprised if we come back.

Its not as difficult as you suggest really you change the cm the area we are struggling and losing the battle. 

Put some pressure on sheff utd something we have failed  to do. Get aggressive and dangerous player like barkley on. This is the perfect game for him.

Take off the ramsey (sorry lad but your not ready to be starting games with passengers) who has been lame. You get a runner on and create chances for ollie. Their back four isnt good at all