Pre-Match Thread

blunther

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Some of them aren't though. @One For The Road for example is saying if we play well.  That's not the same as just turning up. @Mazrim isn't saying it at all. @useless hopes we're winning by 5 and not suggesing we will be.  I guess it's all down to the reader and what they take from the posts or rather what they insert into the posts themselves.

I must confess there was an element of cheekiness in my selection of posts...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I think he's done enough and we'll see him soon, but Ramsey did well last time out and didnt deserve to be dropped IMO

I know, and you're right about Ramsey. I was expecting Sanson to push McGinn and take the shirt if I'm honest, and I don't think by his own previously high standards that SJM has been performing that well recently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I've got no major issues with the lineup, but I wonder what Sanson needs to do to get a start. He must have knocked out the water boy with a long pass in training or something.  

Wait for others to underpeform?

There is no rush, he will be fully ready for next season.

Either that or he is Makoun 2.0.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Great to see Nakamba and Ramsey keep their places. Another game so soon will help their development into this team. Good options on the bench too, should be this team’s second win minus Grealish. We just need to turn up, score three goals and then get the cigars out ;)

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. Owners should sell up too!

Protest at the Crown and Cushion midday Saturday, walking to the ground, NSWE out T-shirt’s £5, Stan Collymore guest speaker

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I know, and you're right about Ramsey. I was expecting Sanson to push McGinn and take the shirt if I'm honest, and I don't think by his own previously high standards that SJM has been performing that well recently. 

Agree that SJM hasn't been up to his usual best, but felt he was much better last time out. Starting to look like we have depth in midfield which is brilliant 

34 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Wish Smith changed it up a little to keep the players hungry. Positive is we have a decent looking bench.

Well he isn’t playing Barkley for the second game running, or Luiz either, and Cash is out and Grealish for the third game running ... I’m not sure more changes would be a good idea.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1