Pre-Match Thread

blunther

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Some of them aren't though. @One For The Road for example is saying if we play well.  That's not the same as just turning up. @Mazrim isn't saying it at all. @useless hopes we're winning by 5 and not suggesing we will be.  I guess it's all down to the reader and what they take from the posts or rather what they insert into the posts themselves.

With all due respect, I think all those posts are pretty clear with regards to the perceived difficulty of this fixture - and they’re not necessarily wrong.  

@Junxs was saying that this fixture is not a gimme and as such before we start to bring players back in to ‘give them some easy minutes’ how about we take this game seriously, secure the points, and IF we’re in a position to, THEN bring on the players that need ‘easy minutes’.  We need to be professional first and foremost.  Get the job done.

I have to agree with him.  We have a chance here to build on our unexpectedly lofty position.  I’d rather we took it seriously than try to play some loan player back into form. He can have the last 20 minutes if we’re comfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Barkley has p***ed away his opportunity to join Villa imo so is a waste of a squad spot now. Also, supporting your club doesn’t mean you can’t post what you think about players, staff or anything else Villa related. 

No, he hasn't. He has than 10 games left to earn a spot, which i dont think he will.

I prefer to criticise theor performances, rather than give a big **** you to them as a person.

I prefer my way

Sheffield are missing Jayden Bogle, Chris Basham , Jack Robinson, Jack Rodwell, John Egan, Jack O'Connell and Sander Berge.

Even without Grealish and Cash we really should be able to beat one of the worst teams in PL history, especially when they are missing half their defense. Obviously Ramsdale is going to play the game of his life tonight but still. 

I'm still a bit nervous thou. We need 100% concentration and effort because we still have to do the job.

• Like 1

This'll be a tight game. Our form hasn't been bad, but some of the performances have not been as good as might have liked.

If it were up to me, I'd be asking the players to shoot from anywhere tonight to test Ramsdale's confidence. Because of that, I don't mean to be controversial, I'd play Barkley. Other than SJM I don't think anyone else can hit them as well at distance. However if he's poor in the first half take him off at HT.

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No, he hasn't. He has than 10 games left to earn a spot, which i dont think he will.

I prefer to criticise theor performances, rather than give a big **** you to them as a person.

I prefer my way

I don’t know how to quote from another thread into here on my phone, but just a basic search of ‘lescott’ ‘el ghazi’ by poster gingercollins29 brings up posts within 20 seconds.

Do these sound familiar?

by far and away the only choice we have is to get Pearson in. This guy not only executed leicesters promotion, but also the beginning of their survival. Responsible for the purchase of vardy and mahrez whilst identified kante before being sacked.

the biggest reason why I want him is that he will not put up with the shit from our players. The likes of lescott and guzan playing the gum game, gabby walking around not touching the ball, nzogbia not arsed, bacuna not arsed, Richards not arsed, grealish getting smashed every Saturday, hutton shitting himself when a winger runs at him, etc etc. It makes me sick. My club I dying and these arseholes take their 60k a week and couldn't give a toss. Enough is enough. We've tried arms round the shoulder and tlc. Get someone in who they are scared to let down, who they are scared to play badly for, who they know is gonna kick their arse if they give anything less than 100%. The players aren't scared of remi, the fans or Lerner. Let them be scared of pearson.

And a quote from you only last year:

Oh, and what a gigantic pussy el ghazi is. Get him out of our club

You prefer your way you say?

Criticising players for their effort often (and I agree WRONGLY) spills over into personal attacks.  

But please don’t pretend you’re above it all.

30 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So, my predictions for starting lineup and bench are:

Emi

Elmo    Konsa      Mings      Targett

Luiz          McGinn

Ramsey

Traore        Watkins         El Ghazi

Bench of:

Heaton, Taylor, Nakamba, Trezeguet, Barkley, Sanson, Kesler, Wesley, Engels.

wesley is still miles off FYI. not even played any U23 games yet

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

This'll be a tight game. Our form hasn't been bad, but some of the performances have not been as good as might have liked.

If it were up to me, I'd be asking the players to shoot from anywhere tonight to test Ramsdale's confidence. Because of that, I don't mean to be controversial, I'd play Barkley. Other than SJM I don't think anyone else can hit them as well at distance. However if he's poor in the first half take him off at HT.

Anwar

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Have a bad feeling Barkley will be back in :( 

against crap teams like this lot and newcastle, there is a place for barlkley IMO. i can see him doing well against these sides

No worries tonight, Wilder and Deano will have got their heads together to try and address the project Barkley issue, Wilder will be keen to accommodate Villa and play a very weak defensive setup, Deano will insist on Ramsdale starting. Barkley will start as and bag a hattrick.

There is a **** volcano possibly  about to erupt here in Iceland in the next few hours. A bit unreal. 

Still gonna watch the match mind you.

Edited by bose
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bose said:

There is a **** volcano possibly  about to erupt here in Iceland in the next few hours. A bit unreal. 

Still gonna watch the match kind you.

I'm partly joking but isn't there always kinda something about to erupt somewhere in Iceland?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

against crap teams like this lot and newcastle, there is a place for barlkley IMO. i can see him doing well against these sides

When a team can beat Man U and only lose by the odd goal to Man City.....you have to be wary...its all on the day....

On the day, we can be turned over, just like on the day, we can turn anyone over......as our motto says " Prepared".....thats what we must be.

• Like 1

Only going to catch the first half of this - zoom session at 7pm and got to make evening meal before that. 

If I was choosing a match to miss, this would be it. Dire football from Sheff U on the menu.

Let's hope it's in the bag by half time. Really it should be.

Edited by briny_ear