Pre-Match Thread

blunther

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

My son is 21 today, he’s at Sheffield Uni - can’t be anything other than an emphatic Villa win👍

A mate of mine is also at Sheffield Uni and just bumped into our coaching staff walking round the city centre who happily stopped for a selfie 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DevonVillan said:

We will demolish this lot of elbow lickers and their forums will go into turmoil. Honestly the way they talk about us on their forum really is disgusting. They really are a different breed. Much prefer their rivals.

Just had a quick nosy, there’s a lot of angst on there! A couple of Villa fans have jumped in and that’s brought the more reasonable fans out, but there’s still a fair few that are steaming from the ears and covering their keyboards in phlegm. It’s not arrogant of us to expect a win tonight, they’re bottom of the league and on a horrendous run. I don’t think many Villa fans expect to saunter to an easy win, as this thread shows. But three points are expected. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There are no dreadful teams in this league.

Every game is hard.

You can't beat Man Utd by being dreadful.

You can if they are more dreadful on the day.

32 minutes ago, doaflip said:

Have a feeling it will be a 0-0.

Can't see them scoring but, equally, I feel like we may struggle to break them down.

Why ? other teams haven’t had too many problems, we are in the top 10 in the league with a reasonable scoring record. We should score against this team if we play to our usual levels.

37 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

I much as Barkley has been poo since the injury I feel we might need him to open the door today.

I’m hoping it’s Sanson’s chance today. **** Barkley. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevonVillan said:

We will demolish this lot of elbow lickers and their forums will go into turmoil. Honestly the way they talk about us on their forum really is disgusting. They really are a different breed. Much prefer their rivals.

Sheffield Wednesday have far more class.

I think they have a similar situation up there to what we have with Blues.

One a classic big club the other a bunch of knuckle draggers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevonVillan said:

There’s a few that live around me and all of them have some affinity towards Small Heath. Must be a small club mentality.

Explains why a couple of them thought it a great idea to post a video of them breaking into Hillsborough and curling one down on the pitch.

19 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Bit harsh on a team that unlike Small Heath, do actually have a history (that includes winning the league and the FA Cup 4 times). Wednesday do edge it with 4 championships, 3 FA Cup wins and a League Cup win, though. 👍 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, useless said:

There's seems to be an idea that they have a good defence, but only West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have conceded more goals, and even then Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds have all conceded just one more goal than them. They have one of worst defences in the league, only Albion's is significantly worse. They've also only kept one clean sheet all season.

I think relatively speaking they do have a good defence for where they are. Despite losing over 80% of their games they concede fewer than 2 per game. Only 3 teams have managed to beat them by 2 goals in Bramall Lane (Wolves, Spurs & Liverpool) and only 3 teams have managed to beat them by 3 goals away from Bramall Lane (Chelsea, Southampton & West Ham). So they don't get battered by anyone. I think that's where the good defence line springs up. Considering how cut adrift they are, you'd imagine they'd be shipping 4s and 5s regularly, but they don't.

• Like 2

I'm quite shocked by how easy people seem to think this game will be.

We should have breezed past Burnley, and pissed it against Brighton, but no.

I think we have every chance of winning tonight, but this is not a case of simply needing to turn up. Thankfully, I think the coaching staff will have us well prepared - I just hope we're on form.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm quite shocked by how easy people seem to think this game will be.

We should have breezed past Burnley, and pissed it against Brighton, but no.

I think we have every chance of winning tonight, but this is not a case of simply needing to turn up. Thankfully, I think the coaching staff will have us well prepared - I just hope we're on form.

This is where I am with it. Yes we should win but to come away with 2 points from four games against Brighton and Burnley suggests we are more than capable of messing it up. 

The players need to be focused and disciplined, hopefully having learned from those games. A run of form without Jack would be amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonVillian said:

I much as Barkley has been poo since the injury I feel we might need him to open the door today.

If Barkley can play to his best, it would almost cover for Jack being out. On his day he’s fantastic. The problem is he hasn’t even looked close to being that player since the injury. I’m tempted to say Sanson should be given his start. As much as we still have to be switched on to beat Sheff, this is a game we ought to be winning comfortably. Closest thing we can give him to an easy start in the prem imo.

54 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Sheffield Utd are on a different planet compared to the Blues. They’ve actually won a few things.