Pre-Match Thread

blunther

38 minutes ago, Rodders said:

happy with an unchanged side. They earnt it.

Me too. I fully support the old "never change a winning side" cliche. But I hope however Deano can change it up quickly if someone struggles. I would also like to win the lottery I guess, when I'm asking for it all I mean. 

I'm not a fan of the never change a winning team approach. I'd rather we consistently picked the best team based on fitness, injuries, tactics, approach, opponents. I'm worried weve struggled to score goals and this team doesnt look like one that will score lots. I hope to get these words rammed down my throat.

• Like 1

It hasn't worked out for Brewster at Sheffield United, but having watched him for Swansea last season I think he's a very good player and could be astute signing for someone in the summer, if not I'd expect him to do very well in the championship.

11 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

'mon Villa.............type of game you need to win.

They are scrapping for everything at the moment so Villa  have to match that desire and fight.

:flag:

I think they know they are down. I'd be worried if it was say Fulham or west Brom but this lot are miles from safety.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm not a fan of the never change a winning team approach. I'd rather we consistently picked the best team based on fitness, injuries, tactics, approach, opponents. I'm worried weve struggled to score goals and this team doesnt look like one that will score lots. I hope to get these words rammed down my throat.

I'm not worried, as long as we change quickly enough if it ain't working. 

But I agree with the "don't change a winning team" often being a very superficial approach to selection. A team can win a game with one or more players being absolute passengers, and as you pointed out, each game has to be interpreted on its own merits.