Pre-Match Thread

blunther

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm partly joking but isn't there always kinda something about to erupt somewhere in Iceland?

There have been earthquakes the past week, quite frequently which is very unusual. The biggest just over 5 on richter. Then just now a volcano called Keilir is about to erupt. Just yesterday there was no signs of any eruptions.
No imminent danger as is but the news seems to change every hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smg said:

Why ? other teams haven’t had too many problems, we are in the top 10 in the league with a reasonable scoring record. We should score against this team if we play to our usual levels.

Just a feeling really. We seem to play well and get a good result and then fail to turn up the next game. Our consistency isn't great.

To me, it feels like tonight could be similar to the Burnley game following the Wolves victory. A nice confidence boosting win followed by a frustrating game. I've seen a few posts saying that Sheffield United dont tend to lose by too many goals and I just think they could keep us out.

Hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

We 'should' win tonight but you never know with Villa. Shef Utd haven't looked awful this season it is they just seem to lack the firepower up front and perhaps have been found out a bit from last season. Brewster has been a poor signing. Wilder has still done a fantastic job and I fully expect them to bounce straight back up.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Only going to catch the first half of this - zoom session at 7pm and got to make evening meal before that. 

If I was choosing a match to miss, this would be it. Dire football from Sheff U on the menu.

Let's hope it's in the bag by half time. Really it should be.

Thats the spirit Briny.....Committment.😀😀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Even in the reverse fixture we needed a penalty save from Emi and really work hard for it. Against 10 men..

You'd think after the Brighton and Burnley games that people have learned teams in the bottom half doesn't equal easy games.

You'd also think teams that can play like Brighton and Burnley ( i.e Sheff Utd) fans would learn how difficult these games are.

There are no easy games in this league.....what teams lack in technique, they make up for in physicality and intensity.

A win will be a fine result.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Even in the reverse fixture we needed a penalty save from Emi and really work hard for it. Against 10 men..

You'd think after the Brighton and Burnley games that people have learned teams in the bottom half doesn't equal easy games.

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself. Nobody is saying it will be an easy game. Pretty much everybody is saying it’s one we should be winning. There’s a difference. 

Burnley and Brighton have both nearly got three times as many points as Sheffield United, they both much better teams. Also saying that Sheffield United aren't very good isn't the same as saying that we're guaranteed to beat them. And it doesn't actually matter what people on here think, in the sense that it will have no direct influence on the actual result, how the team plays, or how they approach the game.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

happy with an unchanged side. They earnt it. Now work hard again please to keep your spot in the side.  Nervous about this one, this is not the time for sheff united to break the habit of failing to score. Respect them, work the arses off and take chances. First goal is key. 

• Like 1