Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i can't agree with traore...take a look at his highlight reel from last season. the things he did, IMO, young is simply not capable of. traore will always frustrate...but he's got some serious ability

Traore fails 9 times out of 10, which you won't see in his highlight reel. The odd time he makes something stick isn't worth him constantly losing the ball and never tracking back. Young is far better

I am worried that we haven’t spent on centre mid, can only assume the club are expecting an improvement in Nakamba, Sanson and Luiz and a breakthrough season for Chukuwemeka.

My concern is that we struggled to control games last season because we weren’t strong enough in the middle, it’s all well and good having bought potential quality up top and out wide but games aren’t controlled there.

On saints forum I've just read that he possibly got a 35 percent wage rise and could be on as much as 120k pw that Southampton wernt willing to pay.

Also that we overpaid saints that other clubs were not willing to do and only offer half the amount for Ings, this bit is in The Athletic apparently.

Bit mad if you ask me if there's truth toany of this, I guess we will find out this season from Ings if he is worth that price tag and wage increase.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Have to disagree on this one Ings is the finished article and is a really good at pressing which DS really rates, Tammy is still raw and inconsistant at times, right now Ings fits our style of play much more that Tammy..

So your telling me that Ings isn't going to haveany inconsistent problems with us, alright we will revisit that one come season end. Pretty much alot of our players had those same problems you speak of its just part of the game, you can't be on fire all the time.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I am worried that we haven’t spent on centre mid, can only assume the club are expecting an improvement in Nakamba, Sanson and Luiz and a breakthrough season for Chukuwemeka.

My concern is that we struggled to control games last season because we weren’t strong enough in the middle, it’s all well and good having bought potential quality up top and out wide but games aren’t controlled there.

In fairness mate it’s not exactly a secret that we’re trying to bring in at least one more CM. 

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A few mill more could of give us Tammy and. Not saying Ings Isnt good but he's 29 while Tammy is a few year younger and is a great striker.

For that little bit more if it's true what I read on Southampton forum of Ings being on 100k plus before coming to us then for me this was a no brainer at all in signing Tammy over Ings.

Am I reading this. I think I am reading this. Ha. This is crazy talk.

2 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

May not be so Crazy what he's earning at Villa now, could be on 120k PW, if so then we near enough gave Grealish's wages to Ings.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

May not be so Crazy what he's earning at Villa now, could be on 120k PW, if so then we near enough gave Grealish's wages to Ings.

Quality Premier League players demand big wages, especially if they are good enough to be the top earner and best player at another club. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Pretty certain he was making £75,000 - £77,000 a week. Maybe the contract Southampton offered would’ve given him £100k a week?

Imagine 5 years ago we could potentially line up in the premier League with 2 £25mil+ strikers who are highly rated England internationals and some on villatalk aren't happy because we didn't sign the £25mil+ England international that they wanted. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Imagine 5 years ago we could potentially line up in the premier League with 2 £25mil+ strikers who are highly rated England internationals and some on villatalk aren't happy because we didn't sign the £25mil+ England international that they wanted. 

Are people still bitching and moaning over us getting Ings instead of Tammy?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Anwar El Ghazi

Ashley Young

Shockingly AEG has better defensive stats, but Ash is far better offensively.

We really need to look at these fbref stats in context, he did these numbers in an Inter side that won the league and it is ‘vs position’.

So, for example, Young was playing in a dominant Inter side - his tackle stats might be much lower than someone playing full back at the bottom of Serie A due to a lack of opportunity to make one.

Then, Young had 1.42 tackles per game at ‘full back’ and is in the 18th percentile but Anwar as a winger only had 0.89 tackles per game and is 22nd percentile. What highlights this the most is xA - Young at 0.14 is 83rd percentile where El Ghazi and 0.13 is 23rd percentile.

The website is good to get an idea of a player but I think VT is getting a little carried away with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Honestly think some people are never happy.

Out of 4 signings, 3 are top, top, top class. They'll be on big wages but what do you expect? We are growing and progressing much quicker than expected - even with losing JG

We’ve done a great job. Just need a proper upgrade in the midfield (or a huge young talent such as Sarr). We just don’t need signings for the sake of it. We can still get players during January if needed. Even the backup signings were quality and less risk as the were either free or on loan. Which would give us a space to think what might be the upgrade needed in next season squad. 

• Like 1