Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Right, had enough of this, ' time to call the firing line squad' for you lot, no madness allowed.

Tammy could out score Ings and put in better performances and people on VT would still say Ings is better because he's at Villa now.

people have there Ings Thongs on and Ings Teddy on the bed already i see 🤣..

In my opinion it’s more a positional flexibility thing, which again Smith likes. Ings is agile and creative enough on the ball to cut in from the left, to drop deep into more of a 10 roll and dynamically swap and change with Ollie.

Tammy isn’t. Tammy is a good ST, but is a square peg in a round hole at just about everything else. That’s why he didn’t end up here, and also why he would wasn’t getting a look in at Chelsea despite them no signing Lukaku.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

I suppose we'll find out if that's true when that actually happens. Until then, it's a pointless hypothetical.

The fact is, Ings is proven at this level, has a far better track record, is a more rounded and complete player and brings that vital wisdom and experience that comes with age. Tammy, as much as I love the guy and would always be thrilled to see him here again, just isn't the player we need right now.

Ings could genuinely elevate us into the Europa League, and I don't think that's an unreasonable suggestion. I'm not sure Tammy would, not yet at least.

No doubting Ings quality. The conondrum is how to fit him and Watkins into the same team.

Watkins has been great for us. But I can't help thinking Ings has the edge as a finisher.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Nah.  There's nothing to misinterpret here ...

The important bit about Luiz playing well against these players never came until much later sadly .

Of course, because that would mean you were wrong and you don't seem the type to admit that, more interested to being a smart @*$# than contributing something credible to a discussion.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Of course, because that would mean you were wrong and you don't seem the type to admit that, more interested to being a smart @*$# than contributing something credible to a discussion.

Excuse me guys but if you two want a tiff please do it somewhere else. I’m on here to find out about possible new players we may sign.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would guess Tammy has had  a lot less game time than Ings in the past 2 seasons. He has barely played since the turn of the year. I am convinced whatever clubs he goes to, he will score goals. The 2020 version of Darren Bent.

Tammy played 11 games less in the league than Ings over 2 years

Edited by HKP90

29 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Please, go on, because you’ve listed is mostly garbage.

You haven’t excluded dead ball shot creating actions (as per my original point), you’ve made a bad statistical comparison on interceptions, and you’ve literally just chosen stats where he’s slightly higher.

Shot creating actions pass live per 90:

Luiz: 1.36

JWP: 1.03

Interceptions per 90:

Luiz: 1.07

JWP: 1.16

Dribbles per 90:

Luiz: 0.78

JWP: 0.39

Dribble success %:

Luiz: 72.7

JWP: 65.2

Pass completion %:

Luiz: 84.8

JWP: 80.8

Long pass completion %:

Luiz: 74.8

JWP: 43.0

I could go on...

Long pass completion %: - we don't play that way - as shown by luiz's 200 fewer attempted long passes so not concerned about that. that's the only stat where there's a noticeable difference

why would you exclude certain shot creating actions when it's a key part of his game? it's like a striker with a clinical long shot but excluding his shots on target from outside the area!

he's not just 'good' at set pieces...he's one of the best in the world. dunno about you, but i've stopped cheering and clapping when we get a corner or dangerous free kick now...it's been pointless getting excited about for a while now. i'd personally like that to change.

the fact that he's comparatively as good and in most cases better statistically than what we have at the other aspects of his game, he's an absolute no brainer.

it's all probably moot anyway because there's no way they'll sell now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Also in your original post you said, our players are international players and therefore should be deemed good enough for Villa. like McGinn plays for Scotland so is good enough. 

I like McGinn and I'm not saying he's not good enough, however being an international for a team like Scotland doesn't make you good enough for Villa. There are many international players who are not good enough for Villa currently, including Scotland Players

Tammy has been there for the taking all summer and we’ve signed Ings… Says it all for me and don’t know why his name is even being discussed. Never wanted him here, and have never particularly rated him either. He will no doubt drop down in the league to find his level, as for me he is just not an elite striker and never will be. Ings and Watkin are the future - Tammy is a fond memory for some from the past.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tammy has been there for the taking all summer and we’ve signed Ings… Says it all for me and don’t know why his name is even being discussed. Never wanted him here, and have never particularly rated him either. He will no doubt drop down in the league to find his level, as for me he is just not an elite striker and never will be. Ings and Watkin are the future - Tammy is a find memory for some from the past.

Stats suggest both are good PL strikers, and we’d be well off with either, but we have Ings now, and I’m not sure why there is so much reticence over the signing. 

27 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Not sure why there is this backlash against Ings all of a sudden. He scored 22 goals in a season in the Premier League. 

I like Tammy, but his best tally is 15.

Over the last 2 years Ings has scored 34 in 67, almost exactly 1 in 2.

Tammy has 21 in 56 games, which is closer to 1 in 3.

He also cost less than Tammy’s reported fee.

I don’t get why people are dissing Ings.

Tammy is a good player, but Ings is just a much better footballer and finisher who can score all types of goals, most importantly he can also create goals for himself.

Tammy has played in a much better team the last 2 seasons too, I can understand some trepidation about where does ings fit in, but I believe he has that little bit of extra intelligence to play across the front line in a fluid front 3.

The best signing we've made this summer.