Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, QldVilla said:

When you actually say something interesting, well it will be a long wait considering your track record.

You shouldn't judge me on my posts but by the quality of the posters I share a message board with.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seems to be a lot of smoke around about DMs at the moment, which is good. I think the last few weeks has shown us that we will have no idea how close we are to a signing, or who the actual target is, but if it just gives a glimpse of where on the pitch we’re looking, i’m happy. If we can get a decent signing in the midfield it will be the buy of the window for me.

Just now, est1874 said:

Very disappointing that you couldn't be the 1st post in the 1000th page of the thread.

I'm very disappointed, anyway.

Nah, man. I’m happy to be an also-ran.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Very disappointing that you couldn't be the 1st post in the 1000th page of the thread.

I'm very disappointed, anyway.

Sorry to disappoint ;). Was just trying to bring it back on topic...

I reckon the smoke around DMs may see us do another last second transfer reveal. Seems to be the way. Rumours of a player in a certain position, bam, signing of different player in same position. I hope so anyway.

On the previously mooted signing of Tammy for me he misses too many chances while also being very arrogant on the pitch. Conversely Ings is deadly in front of goal and works for the team.

Ings much better signing for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sorry to disappoint ;). Was just trying to bring it back on topic...

I reckon the smoke around DMs may see us do another last second transfer reveal. Seems to be the way. Rumours of a player in a certain position, bam, signing of different player in same position. I hope so anyway.

Yeah that’s what I figured. I’d be happy with that. 

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Tammy and Ings are very different players and in all honesty as much as I really like Tammy not sure how he would have fitted to our system now.

Can't we agree both are good? My only worry on Ings is his injury record but hopefully we can manage that.

I’ll agree. They are both good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s a wide forward similar to how Jack played. To be fair his numbers in seria a are 40 goal contributions in 123 games. So one every 3.07 games. 

Jacks premier league record is 34 goal contributions in 96 or games or one every 2.8 games. 

Not a massive amount of difference…

according to wikipedia he has a 4.6: 1 goal ratio in Serie A.....not very impressive, but never seen him play, so can't really comment, I guess.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Top 30 Dr Evil 100 Million Dollars GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

no more outs of that nature.....we need to keep him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

according to wikipedia he has a 4.6: 1 goal ratio in Serie A.....not very impressive, but never seen him play, so can't really comment, I guess.

no more outs of that nature.....we need to keep him.

Think it was lazy clickbait. Anyway Liverpool aren’t going to win anything, so I’m not sure why he’d want to move.

It would be great if someone could call some of these publications out for blatant fabrication. Media (and the world) would be much better if total falsehoods were prosecuted.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Do we have a negative net spend? 

Barely. I think with the salaries of the 4 we signed we're probably about net zero.

But our owners have been developing us at a rate of maximum allowable ffp losses every season. It would be strange if they didn't do it again.

Edited by MrBlack

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club can’t make big losses every year.

Exactly. We're about even this window. Highly unlikely we will struggle. We need to see how the pieces we have fit together - before adding more pieces.

Difference in previous 2 seasons is we still have a squad that can hold its own in the prem - we don't need to spend to avoid relegation battle.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Running out of time to have anyone else in for Watford. I'd still be shocked if we don't add anyone else to our team.

The way we sign players we're running out of time to have anyone in before lunch. One of these Ligue 1 guys could be signed sealed and delivered on Friday morning and ready to play on Saturday afternoon if Ings and Axel are anything to go by.

• Haha 1