Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 hours ago, TRO said:

My worry with Bailey, is coping with the rigours of the Premier League, I think too many fans under estimate, the physicality of it

He'll be fine, providing he stays away from 'Grandmaster Sh*thouse' Ben Mee...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

This thread is good for about 24 hours after we've signed somebody, other than that wow

Suggest you avoid the match threads.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

My worry with Bailey, is coping with the rigours of the Premier League, I think too many fans under estimate, the physicality of it

15 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

This thread is good for about 24 hours after we've signed somebody, other than that wow

Crazy multi-post. Nothing to see here

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

19 minutes ago, zak said:

Also in your original post you said, our players are international players and therefore should be deemed good enough for Villa. like McGinn plays for Scotland so is good enough. 

I like McGinn and I'm not saying he's not good enough, however being an international for a team like Scotland doesn't make you good enough for Villa. There are many international players who are not good enough for Villa currently, including Scotland Players

No. I said they are international players which means they are already at a certain level, it didn’t imply that’s why they should be playing for villa. I also said one had CL experience and another is performing at a high level in back to back big tournaments.

Why people want to continue to piece meal what I stated is beyond me, although not surprising.

39 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Not sure why there is this backlash against Ings all of a sudden. He scored 22 goals in a season in the Premier League. 

I like Tammy, but his best tally is 15.

Over the last 2 years Ings has scored 34 in 67, almost exactly 1 in 2.

Tammy has 21 in 56 games, which is closer to 1 in 3.

He also cost less than Tammy’s reported fee.

I don’t get why people are dissing Ings.

Are people really criticising Ings though?! Most comments seem to be really positive about the signing of one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier League. I suspect the same critics would have a problem if we signed Messi as well (too old, too expensive). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Ditto. It's a shame you can't delete posts on here. Nonetheless, back to the transfer talk...

‘Transfer talk’.

I had toast for breakfast. Lovely it was.

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

In my opinion it’s more a positional flexibility thing, which again Smith likes. Ings is agile and creative enough on the ball to cut in from the left, to drop deep into more of a 10 roll and dynamically swap and change with Ollie.

Tammy isn’t. Tammy is a good ST, but is a square peg in a round hole at just about everything else. That’s why he didn’t end up here, and also why he would wasn’t getting a look in at Chelsea despite them no signing Lukaku.

This. Tammy is very similar to Watkins and it wouldn't work playing both together. Ings gives you something different (like Kangaroo mentioned) that will compliment the team and give more options. Not to mention, Ings is clinical, while Tammy needs 4-5 attempts to score a goal.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Just now, Beastmix said:

Just so he can put the ol' noggin' on Mee.

He’ll last about 8 minutes before he splinters Mee’s shins, but i’ll take it. What 8 minutes.

’This is how we do it in the favelas, bitch’