Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I haven't felt as excited and energised about a transfer window since that summer Sherwood and co signed a load of players from France. 

Oh...

Yeah - but the club was total shambles beneath first team level. We had no settled spine in the team and it all hinged on a load of overseas youngsters hitting the ground running.

Only Bailey doesn't have PL experience  this time.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

There's a point here though. As we saw then, and more recently with Fulham, you have to be careful how you do this. Just slamming a load of new players onto the pitch and telling them to play as a team isn't going to work. Or at least it has a lot of potential to go horribly wrong.

Dean Smith has a lot of work to do now. Wouldn't surprise me if we struggle the first half of the season until everything starts to click.

This is true, although I fully trust those in charge know what they're doing. We'll be after people based on how they fit into the system and what they're like in the dressing room too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

There's a point here though. As we saw then, and more recently with Fulham, you have to be careful how you do this. Just slamming a load of new players onto the pitch and telling them to play as a team isn't going to work. Or at least it has a lot of potential to go horribly wrong.

Dean Smith has a lot of work to do now. Wouldn't surprise me if we struggle the first half of the season until everything starts to click.

Relative struggle maybe. I don't see us racking up back to back defeats week in week out. Most likely we might be a bit inconsistent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yeah - but the club was total shambles beneath first team level. We had no settled spine in the team and it all hinged on a load of overseas youngsters hitting the ground running.

Only Bailey doesn't have PL experience  this time.

My post was tongue in cheek. I have full faith in the club now as its run properly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I've got a feeling that we will sign either Maddison or Aouar whichever one Arsenal don't sign. Or if we're planning on playing Buendia centrally then someone like Doku.

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Get Maddision! 

Seen in more than a few places that Leicester want to offload Maddison because of bad attitude and generally  disliked in the dressing room. 

If true I wouldn't touch him and let Arsenal pay over the odds

I think there’s a fair few options Am/Lw at the moment (my money would be on Nkunku first with Kamada or Cherki second). Aouar would be another good shout….would piss Arsenal off as well

It's a good time to have money to spend. There will be a lot of teams who need to balance their books due to Covid.  Players may be available who weren't before. 

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think there’s a fair few options Am/Lw at the moment (my money would be on Nkunku first with Kamada or Cherki second). Aouar would be another good shout….would piss Arsenal off as well

I saw a random link to Raphinha a few days ago. Can't see that being anything of any substance. 

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would piss Arsenal fans off if we signed Kamada.

2 goals to beat them at Emirates in 2019 in Europa League

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1