Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not sure we'd be able to get him, just because I know all La Liga players have release clauses and the stars at clubs, even "lesser" teams outside the big three, often have obscene release clauses.

You’re probably right... but these days, the way we're run, I wouldn't rule out anything. 

Edited by vreitti

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

How about a cheeky £60 million bid for James Maddison from Leicester to replace Jack? Test their resolve, piss Arsenal off, and minimise losing Grealish all in one go? Fantasy? Yes. Worth the crack? Definitely.

Please no. The guy is the epitome of the word "Cheat" and hates Villa anyway as most from Coventry & Small Heath do (No surprise they share a sty)

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Even without Jack we are looking pretty potent up front, going to be interesting to see where else we reinforce.

It's the assists we may be lacking in. Buendia hopefully is part of the solution but we need more for me. He was afterall bought to assist Grealish not replace him.

Bailey will add pace but judging by his stats will also be quite expensive with keeping posession. Think i read he was around 50% with successful dribbles which means half the time he gives the ball up, Grealish used to carry us forward and win set pieces a heck of a lot so we need a to find a way to keep the ball better than we showed when he was out for so long. It was quite shocking how poor we were at ball retention with him out. Who? I have not got a clue that's up to the club to sort out. 

In a weird way we won't miss the free kicks he won too much as we were so poor at set pieces anyway so most of them got wasted. The biggest part of that for us was it got us up the pitch and gave the defence a break.  Neither was he a prolific scorer so we should be able to replace those goals in the team. 

• Like 1

IF we have spent our transfer budget and have this fee to spend we need to buy a starting quality centre back for numbers and true competition.

We need a DCM to stop us being played through so easily and add some balance to our midfield.

After that you can argue what we need, I’d sell Conor, loan out Wes and sell El Ghazi to buy one more wide forward.

It would be nice to have an ACM but we have Sanson, McGinn and some of the wide forwards and kids who can play there.

We could also look to sell Guilbert and bring in a better right back too.

really it’s the DCM and CB that are most pressing.

13 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It's the assists we may be lacking in. Buendia hopefully is part of the solution but we need more for me. He was afterall bought to assist Grealish not replace him.

Bailey will add pace but judging by his stats will also be quite expensive with keeping posession. Think i read he was around 50% with successful dribbles which means half the time he gives the ball up, Grealish used to carry us forward and win set pieces a heck of a lot so we need a to find a way to keep the ball better than we showed when he was out for so long. It was quite shocking how poor we were at ball retention with him out. Who? I have not got a clue that's up to the club to sort out. 

In a weird way we won't miss the free kicks he won too much as we were so poor at set pieces anyway so most of them got wasted. The biggest part of that for us was it got us up the pitch and gave the defence a break.  Neither was he a prolific scorer so we should be able to replace those goals in the team. 

Bailey will help massively with assists looking at his stats from last season, where as AEG chipped in with goals he didn't with assists LB will be a huge upgrade. Probably similar defensively, but if we can shore up the centre midfield that will help.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I do wonder if we'll go all out and use the bulk of the Grealish money on a truly quality marquee signing. Someone like (but not necessarily him) Milinkovic-Savic.

I hope not, whilst I would love to spend stupid amounts on one player we still have big upgrades to make on the first 11 and squad before budgets go on one or maybe two players a summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Bailey will help massively with assists looking at his stats from last season, where as AEG chipped in with goals he didn't with assists LB will be a huge upgrade. Probably similar defensively, but if we can shore up the centre midfield that will help.

Unfortunately it’s the wrong wing.

Its Bertie’s side.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Not sure we'd be able to get him, just because I know all La Liga players have release clauses and the stars at clubs, even "lesser" teams outside the big three, often have obscene release clauses.

Oyaarzarbel will be the darling of Spanish football - see Chiesa in Italy. No way he’s moving out Spain. Only reason he isn’t at Real Madrid or Barcelona right now is they’re broke.

19 minutes ago, Thug said:

Its Bertie’s side.

Bailey at Bayer 90 games LW 41 games RW 

Last season 21 games RW 11 games LW

Edited by Kiwivillan

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And what have you found lets hear it 😂

Gouiri, Bellingham, Jens Petter Haug (who is apparently joining Eintract Frankfurt on a very cheap loan to buy £12m) and some guy called Mbappe who seems gettable.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Its Bertie’s side.

He plays all across the front same as AEG does with his highest whoscored rating coming as a ACM.

Edited by zab6359

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

From Corinthians via a dodgy 3rd party deal along with Mascherano. No relevance to what you're replying to

What are you thinking mate, two more signings? Either another wide player or AM and a DM?

Suddenly looks a better squad than last season.