Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, hippo said:

Yeah. Nice work.still think AEG might depart.

Cantwell in the centre and Buendia out to the left ?

But with what we have I think that is the starting line v Watford.

I hope we're not seriously in for Cantwell tbh, not with the money Norwich would want.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mantis said:

I hope we're not seriously in for Cantwell tbh, not with the money Norwich would want.

I too hope our AMC/LW signing isn’t Cantwell. I think that needs to be our statement signing and would love us to shop abroad and find real quality at decent value. 

I actually think Cantwell is a decent player but he isn’t going to take us to the next level IMO.

Just now, Mantis said:

I wonder if we might send a player the other way - maybe on loan. Norwich being light on bodies I think is more of a stumbling block than the fee.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I too hope our AMC/LW signing isn’t Cantwell. I think that needs to be our statement signing and would love us to shop abroad and find real quality at decent value. 

I actually think Cantwell is a decent player but he isn’t going to take us to the next level IMO.

I think we will. Cantwell is a bit of a lazy link and I'm not sure there's any concrete interest there. In any case after Buendia went they'd want a huge amount of money for him.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not straight away no. But he is only young.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I wonder if we might send a player the other way - maybe on loan. Norwich being light on bodies I think is more of a stumbling block than the fee.

Hourihane?

I haven't felt as excited and energised about a transfer window since that summer Sherwood and co signed a load of players from France. 

Oh...

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

Hourihane?

I literally forgot that he was our player. Not sure he's up to doing a job in the PL, but it looks like Norwich are just here for the parachute payments again. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I haven't felt as excited and energised about a transfer window since that summer Sherwood and co signed a load of players from France. 

Oh...

stoprightthere.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Oh...

Ironically our French signings that season were fairly good. Amavi, Veretour and especially Gueye have all gone on to have good careers. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh...

That summer did cross my mind earlier today as well and then a shiver went down my spine because I’ve spent a lot of money on therapy trying to lock that season out of my mind. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Ironically our French signings that season were fairly good. Amavi, Veretour and especially Gueye have all gone on to have good careers. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That transfer thread was an event - I remember browsing through it a few months ago and chuckling at the comments. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh...

There's a point here though. As we saw then, and more recently with Fulham, you have to be careful how you do this. Just slamming a load of new players onto the pitch and telling them to play as a team isn't going to work. Or at least it has a lot of potential to go horribly wrong.

Dean Smith has a lot of work to do now. Wouldn't surprise me if we struggle the first half of the season until everything starts to click.

• Like 2