Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, it’ll definitely happen because that’s how football and agents work.

If you can't see why a scenario like that could happen I'm not sure you even understand what an agents job is.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

If you can't see why a scenario like that could happen I'm not sure you even understand what an agents job is.

Of course I can see a scenario where that could happen, but I’m not going around claiming to know exactly what wages a player will demand, what effect that’ll have on another player and what they will therefore demand as a result. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I have alway said I do not rate Tammy and it’s is my opinion will only get you so far as a club and the finances involved isn’t worth it for me. Smith likes & knows him - fair enough. It’s the safe move to make I get it but also shows a slight blind spot and I question the judgement. 

The signings of Bailey, Buendia and Young tell me that the club know what they are doing and are targeting the right level of quality we need to progress. I'm confident that whoever we sign, Tammy or otherwise, will be good enough. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Wasn’t going to post this but we need something else to criticise me for lol … It’s appears random that Jonathan David liked a random Instagram post of an 18 yo player joining Swindon on loan. That player is represented by Wasserman and guess who have been asked assist with a poss transfer of Jonathan David whose agents are an up and coming agency. Wasserman. Doesn’t mean shit and obviously appears Tammy is the main target… 

• Like 1

OK so rollercoaster seems to be suggesting Jack is off. Tammy, JWP would take a big slug but surely not all of the £100m. Who replaces the Jack sized creativity hole? Emi partly but we were already too reliant on one player. Bailey hopefully adds directness but doesn’t seem the schemer type.

If it’s Cantwell it’ll be … disappointing. I actually think he’s a good player but would be my choice to plug such an important hole. Surely if we had £30m odd left we could do better than that. 

The big ESR push really starts to make some sense now. 

Edited by villaglint

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Wasn’t going to post this but we need something else to criticise me for lol … It’s appears random that Jonathan David liked a random Instagram post of an 18 yo player joining Swindon on loan. That player is represented by Wasserman and guess who have been asked assist with a poss transfer of Jonathan David whose agents are an up and coming agency. Wasserman. Doesn’t mean shit and obviously appears Tammy is the main target… 

No hard feelings about earlier—I apologise for being rude.

Jonathan David would be one hell of a signing, for sure.

• Like 1

Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

Do not like these links.

This has been Everton's problem. Sign a bunch of unwanted players from bigger clubs.

How about keep targeting other teams best players? Like what we did with Buendia and Bailey.

• Like 4

I’ve been banging the drum for Matheus Cunha for a while now. LW/CAM/ST from Hertha. Available for around £25m. Start him left wing and have him as an option should Watkins pick up an injury up front. The fit is ideal and I’m surprised we haven’t been linked with him yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No hard feelings about earlier—I apologise for being rude.

Jonathan David would be one hell of a signing, for sure.

Thanks …  I like a good debate and we all want the same thing at the end of the day and everyone’s a bit tetchy at the mo I get it ( I definitely am until Jack’s future us sorted either way) also how could I argue with someone whose username is God_5 my all time Villa hero … UTV ! 

It’s weird how a random like on social media can get so heavily scrutinised and it is probs just a coincidence and nothing in it, you just never know. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

OK so rollercoaster seems to be suggesting Jack is off. Tammy, JWP would take a big slug but surely not all of the £100m. Who replaces the Jack sized creativity hole? Emi partly but we were already too reliant on one player. Bailey hopefully adds directness but doesn’t seem the schemer type.

If it’s Cantwell it’ll be … disappointing. I actually think he’s a good player but would be my choice to plug such an important hole. Surely if we had £30m odd left we could do better than that. 

The big ESR push really starts to make some sense now. 

I think if Jack goes we'll make a statement signing. Someone we haven't been linked with. For £50m or something like that. 

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

Do not like these links.

This has been Everton's problem. Sign a bunch of unwanted players from bigger clubs.

How about keep targeting other teams best players? Like what we did with Buendia and Bailey.

Salah, Lukaku and KDB would like to say hello….

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

Do not like these links.

i cant believe i'm saying this.....but with pain......"i completely agree with Villalad".

Frame it....

.....i think i need to go and lie down lol.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1